Hey !

I decided to join the many internet-savvy people and start blogging ! I have read many accounts of FAI and the process of diagnosis, surgery and recovery. This will be my record of the entire process and I will be extremely honest about how it affects my mental and physical state. Others will be googling when they find out they have the same diagnosis and support seems to be the thing missing.
My diagnosis (right hip)-
- cam-type FAI and pincer-type
- partial detachment of the anterior/superior labrum (tear)
- fraying along the articular margin of the superior labrum with minimal partial detachment
- chondral softening along the superior acetabular rim manifested by low signal in the cartlidge (no clue what that means !)
- mild chrondral surface irregularity
- chondral softening involving adjacent superior femoral head
- physiologic joint fluid
- insertional tendinosis of the right gluteus minimus

My left hip is almost the same but says complete detachment and no fluid reported.

Monday, August 31, 2009

Just another manic Monday

The weekend wasn't too bad actually. I had to do my 24 urine collection for the kidney stones, which was absolutely gross ! I stayed close to home and really just got groceries and BBQ'd on Saturday, which at the time I thought was perfect. Just hanging around watching movies, playing games and cooking some burgers. I did get another migraine on Saturday but it seemed pretty light compared to some I have had before. I went home and rested for the night. I am getting one now and fighting the auras. I need to head out to the car and grab some Maxalt.
I haven't really felt too much pain the last few days with the exception of course of my right pelvic brim. It almost feels like a muscle tear but no one has been able to diagnose it and they keep going around it. I still hope to find something out when I get my arthrogram done.
The new dosage on the Oxycontin is perfect too. I am feeling so much more like myself and not trying to fall asleep everywhere ! I will catch up later with everything but I am off to stop this migraine before it gets too bad !

I just got a call and my blood results are back for some tests. It appears my vitamin D was at 19 and she suggested taking 800-1000 IU's a day to bring my levels up.
From the hyperparathyroid site ..

"Most patients with a parathyroid tumor will have low Vitamin D-25 levels. Those patients with more severe primary hyperparathyroidism (those with larger tumors and those who have had the tumor a longer time) will have higher blood calcium levels, which are associated with lower Vitamin D-25 levels. The lower your Vitamin D-25, the longer you have had hyperparathyroidism and a parathyroid tumor in your neck."
"
Now that Vitamin D is easy to measure, many doctors (endocrinologists) will measure Vitamin D levels on all patients with high calcium in the blood. They will also measure the PTH levels... they are trying to prove (correctly) that the high calcium in the body is due to a parathyroid tumor."

So now I am extremely paranoid and wondering what is next ! I will keep up with the doctors and see where they go next. My migraine is starting to go now too since taking the Maxalt.

No comments:

Post a Comment