Hey !

I decided to join the many internet-savvy people and start blogging ! I have read many accounts of FAI and the process of diagnosis, surgery and recovery. This will be my record of the entire process and I will be extremely honest about how it affects my mental and physical state. Others will be googling when they find out they have the same diagnosis and support seems to be the thing missing.
My diagnosis (right hip)-
- cam-type FAI and pincer-type
- partial detachment of the anterior/superior labrum (tear)
- fraying along the articular margin of the superior labrum with minimal partial detachment
- chondral softening along the superior acetabular rim manifested by low signal in the cartlidge (no clue what that means !)
- mild chrondral surface irregularity
- chondral softening involving adjacent superior femoral head
- physiologic joint fluid
- insertional tendinosis of the right gluteus minimus

My left hip is almost the same but says complete detachment and no fluid reported.

Monday, August 24, 2009

Lost Track

I actually had to go back and think about how long it has been since my surgery. So, 7.5 weeks now since they changed my life. This hip is fantastic. I did a ton this weekend including yard work and not even the slightest bit of pull or strain. I was thinking I would be suffering by Sunday but nothing. I even ventured to cleaning out the garage and did all the laundry. Friday night Brandon and I went to the Rockies vs. Giants game and had a blast even though they lost !
I wish I could say the same for my right hip. Stepping down is still a challenge and if I just happen to make the mistake of sleeping on that side I pay for it all day. The kidney pain is definitely lessened so I am thinking I possibly passed a stone and just didn't know it. I also have less pain in the pelvic rim from the nerves. The only thing I can attribute this to is the pain meds, which tells me it looks like they are finally working the way they were supposed to. The possibility of withdrawal when the time comes does bother me but I think I am tough enough to handle them,
This week I see Dr. Weinghart and have my liver enzymes retested. I haven't felt the same way the last week and that includes the constant low grade fevers. I keep waiting for my 24 Urine testing kit to show up but it didn't come this weekend. I also see Dr. Erickson for a follow-up I think Friday ... but I forgot that too.

No comments:

Post a Comment