Hey !

I decided to join the many internet-savvy people and start blogging ! I have read many accounts of FAI and the process of diagnosis, surgery and recovery. This will be my record of the entire process and I will be extremely honest about how it affects my mental and physical state. Others will be googling when they find out they have the same diagnosis and support seems to be the thing missing.
My diagnosis (right hip)-
- cam-type FAI and pincer-type
- partial detachment of the anterior/superior labrum (tear)
- fraying along the articular margin of the superior labrum with minimal partial detachment
- chondral softening along the superior acetabular rim manifested by low signal in the cartlidge (no clue what that means !)
- mild chrondral surface irregularity
- chondral softening involving adjacent superior femoral head
- physiologic joint fluid
- insertional tendinosis of the right gluteus minimus

My left hip is almost the same but says complete detachment and no fluid reported.

Monday, August 17, 2009

Rave Weekend !

The weekend was quite interesting to say the least. I attended my first Rave with my beautiful 16 year old daughter. It was also her first so it was nice to have that experience together. Dancing for 5 hours on my new improved hip wasn't too bad. I was a little sore after a while but most of it was my back and my right hip. We sat often to rest outside because it got so hot. I think I was the oldest one there ! I opted to not take meds so I could relax and have a beer. It actually went well and I didn't feel sick at all during the night. The drive home was rough though !
I spent yesterday recovering and had a pretty bad headache, but I am not really sure where that came from. I am figuring the missed doses on my meds. Once I took them I slept until 2:00PM. He brought the boys home at 3:00 so I got some good rest time in. Just spent the rest of the day shopping for the kids for school, laundry and groceries.
Today I will be going to the Urology Clinic of Colorado to address my kidney stones and hopefully get a little relief from the pain. So far I think I have dealt pretty well with it but it is making me so tired. I want at least one night with no pain !!!!
My next hip followup is August 28th and he can take a look at the incision spot. It looks rough again and it's still hard along the outside.

3 comments:

  1. Erin, how many weeks post are you now? How long can you sit comfortably for with the hip that had the op, and how long before?

    Louisa x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Erin,
    I'm going out of my mind and I keep asking you the same question on this and on facebook, ppplllease answer

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tried but you went offline !
    I am making it a good 30 minutes before I have to get up and walk. I feel a small stabbing pain mid-cheek and it tends to fall asleep and get extremely tight when I get more than an hour without movement. I am 6.5 weeks post now.
    Sorry !

    ReplyDelete