Hey !

I decided to join the many internet-savvy people and start blogging ! I have read many accounts of FAI and the process of diagnosis, surgery and recovery. This will be my record of the entire process and I will be extremely honest about how it affects my mental and physical state. Others will be googling when they find out they have the same diagnosis and support seems to be the thing missing.
My diagnosis (right hip)-
- cam-type FAI and pincer-type
- partial detachment of the anterior/superior labrum (tear)
- fraying along the articular margin of the superior labrum with minimal partial detachment
- chondral softening along the superior acetabular rim manifested by low signal in the cartlidge (no clue what that means !)
- mild chrondral surface irregularity
- chondral softening involving adjacent superior femoral head
- physiologic joint fluid
- insertional tendinosis of the right gluteus minimus

My left hip is almost the same but says complete detachment and no fluid reported.

Thursday, August 20, 2009

8/20 - Just another day

I couldn't think of a good heading today for some reason.
I woke up this morning quite a few times due to some extremely weird dreams so I am exhausted at work. Last night was probably one of my worst nights for being tired and was hoping for a restful evening but I found myself dozing off constantly. I made a quick dinner and then took a bath hoping to loosen the muscles before I laid down to watch some tv. I would rather get 4 hours of constant sleep than the broken sleep of no more than an hour or 2 at a time. Either way I have to get through regular life, functioning completely or not. The new dosage to 20mg may have not been the best choice for me so I will be asking Dr. Weinghart about getting back to the 10mg so I can take that in the morning and maybe the 20mg at night. Either way I am finding my pain is definitely lessening and I am more at a 4/5 now instead of the 9/10 I had been at.
A friend at work informed me there were issues surrounding the Lyrica I am taking and may be pulled from shelves. Doing some research, I did find that it is linked to suicide and suicidal thoughts, which I definitely had. A lot of my symptoms are going away or are more mild now that I am getting used to them. I am nowhere near as sad and depressed as I was for the first couple of weeks.
My hip is finally relaxing a little and it doesn't hurt like it did before. I feel a mild pinch in the front right where the crease is when I sit .. kinda the top of my lap on that side. I have tried a few stretches but they hurt. The right hip is starting to ease a little as well on the nerve pain and it looks like the Lyrica has it's good and bad days. Thank goodness I am finally having a good day. Even my back feels a little better and not hurting like it was. Now if we could get the stupid kidney stones to behave !

No comments:

Post a Comment