Hey !

I decided to join the many internet-savvy people and start blogging ! I have read many accounts of FAI and the process of diagnosis, surgery and recovery. This will be my record of the entire process and I will be extremely honest about how it affects my mental and physical state. Others will be googling when they find out they have the same diagnosis and support seems to be the thing missing.
My diagnosis (right hip)-
- cam-type FAI and pincer-type
- partial detachment of the anterior/superior labrum (tear)
- fraying along the articular margin of the superior labrum with minimal partial detachment
- chondral softening along the superior acetabular rim manifested by low signal in the cartlidge (no clue what that means !)
- mild chrondral surface irregularity
- chondral softening involving adjacent superior femoral head
- physiologic joint fluid
- insertional tendinosis of the right gluteus minimus

My left hip is almost the same but says complete detachment and no fluid reported.

Sunday, August 2, 2009

Fever Finally Broke !

This was the first morning in a week I actually woke up without a low grade fever. I am stiff in every joint in my body but it beats the last week of pain. It looks like the Oxycontin is helping a little bit and I am thinking I probably needed a little bit to get used to it, even if it is a small dosage. The doctor also prescribed the Lyrica but the insurance company would not pay for it without an authorization, which they will try and get tomorrow. From what the pharmacy tells me they would rather I go back to the Gabapentin because it is a generic. This one is a $136 co-pay so I can see why. I don't care if I have to go back to the generic, I am perfectly fine with it.
I cleaned my house top to bottom and even got on the kitchen floor and scrubbed the tile. By the time I was finished my back hurt so bad ! It was my own fault but it really needed to be done. There is only so much a Swiffer can do ! Well I am off to be lazy and maybe soak in a nice bath for a bit. Heck I might even shave my legs.

No comments:

Post a Comment