Hey !

I decided to join the many internet-savvy people and start blogging ! I have read many accounts of FAI and the process of diagnosis, surgery and recovery. This will be my record of the entire process and I will be extremely honest about how it affects my mental and physical state. Others will be googling when they find out they have the same diagnosis and support seems to be the thing missing.
My diagnosis (right hip)-
- cam-type FAI and pincer-type
- partial detachment of the anterior/superior labrum (tear)
- fraying along the articular margin of the superior labrum with minimal partial detachment
- chondral softening along the superior acetabular rim manifested by low signal in the cartlidge (no clue what that means !)
- mild chrondral surface irregularity
- chondral softening involving adjacent superior femoral head
- physiologic joint fluid
- insertional tendinosis of the right gluteus minimus

My left hip is almost the same but says complete detachment and no fluid reported.

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

What is normal ?

I haven't decided quite yet what normal should be like. I do feel back to being myself with the exception of being tired. I am feeling happy and less irritable to those around me and I am getting around better with the help of the pain meds I am taking. Is this my new normal ? Like something from a movie, where I have changed my entire way of life but remain to be happy and persevere ? I am guessing so and I am willing to keep on chugging to see how it all turns out.
As usual my hip feels fine. The hamstring doesn't really get sore anymore and I am able to get around well. My right hip even feels decent today and I am not limping for the first time in I don't know how long. The rim pain is still there but nothing like I had expected, slightly sore and I know it's there when my jeans touch it. I am really hoping that eventually they find the source of that one.
The drugs make me so exhausted that I barely function outside of normal daily activities. Driving is proving difficult and scary, work is getting harder everyday ... cause I want to sleep and when I get home I nap while dinner is cooking. I am thinking of still asking him to drop me back to 10mg tomorrow at my appointment. Maybe take the 10mg during the day and then the 20mg at night.

No comments:

Post a Comment