Hey !

I decided to join the many internet-savvy people and start blogging ! I have read many accounts of FAI and the process of diagnosis, surgery and recovery. This will be my record of the entire process and I will be extremely honest about how it affects my mental and physical state. Others will be googling when they find out they have the same diagnosis and support seems to be the thing missing.
My diagnosis (right hip)-
- cam-type FAI and pincer-type
- partial detachment of the anterior/superior labrum (tear)
- fraying along the articular margin of the superior labrum with minimal partial detachment
- chondral softening along the superior acetabular rim manifested by low signal in the cartlidge (no clue what that means !)
- mild chrondral surface irregularity
- chondral softening involving adjacent superior femoral head
- physiologic joint fluid
- insertional tendinosis of the right gluteus minimus

My left hip is almost the same but says complete detachment and no fluid reported.

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Blah ...

That's how I am feeling today, pretty blah. I am tired of the daily headaches which I assume is from the medication. It's amazing some of the side effects you get from stuff that should make you feel better.
I had my CT last night and there are 4 obvious stones on there but we will wait for the report to come back and see what they say. I already know the diagnosis but I don't want to see how they plan to deal with the kidney stones. I do have the scan at home so I will post some pictures tomorrow. I think at this point if I can stand it I will just wait for them to pass and cope with the pain. I have a feeling I will have to stop drinking soda completely, something I will wait for them to tell me because right now I don't want to quit !
It's pretty interesting that during this whole thing my hip just keeps chugging along. I don't even notice it anymore, almost an absent feeling that I just had major surgery 6 weeks ago. Now if my body would follow suit I would be extremely happy. Of course my right hip is still giving me some major issues but if it heals like this left one did it will be fantastic. I am sure once everyone is on the same page my treatment will prove beneficial and I could be pain free within say .. a year. I am being realistic here with time frames. I do understand some of these issues are for life and I try not to think about it. It's hard to accept the fact of being in pain for the rest of my life.

Mentally I am doing good today. The depression seems to be gone, just a tiny bit of a sad feeling hanging on. I have decided to take a 6 month break from everything and everyone. Maybe in that time I can really find someone special who wants only me and that I can spoil rotten without worrying if they are wanting to be with someone else. I want so badly to believe love really does exist and that I can build a great life with the right guy. I think some quiet time to pull myself back together is needed at this point in my life until the meds even out. With the kids starting school in a week and being busy at work, it will help keep me focused on healing not only my body but my soul. Wow that sounded corny, but that's how I feel. So here's hoping for a good day.

3 comments: