Hey !

I decided to join the many internet-savvy people and start blogging ! I have read many accounts of FAI and the process of diagnosis, surgery and recovery. This will be my record of the entire process and I will be extremely honest about how it affects my mental and physical state. Others will be googling when they find out they have the same diagnosis and support seems to be the thing missing.
My diagnosis (right hip)-
- cam-type FAI and pincer-type
- partial detachment of the anterior/superior labrum (tear)
- fraying along the articular margin of the superior labrum with minimal partial detachment
- chondral softening along the superior acetabular rim manifested by low signal in the cartlidge (no clue what that means !)
- mild chrondral surface irregularity
- chondral softening involving adjacent superior femoral head
- physiologic joint fluid
- insertional tendinosis of the right gluteus minimus

My left hip is almost the same but says complete detachment and no fluid reported.

Sunday, August 9, 2009

100.5

I just woke up again to a low grade fever of 100.5. When it's 90+ outside it makes for a miserable day. I am seriously not feeling well today and plan to just go right back to bed. My back aches to the point of not wanting to even move, my right hip is sore and tight and the infection on my left thigh isn't improving. Fighting the urge to cry yet again.
The pain meds don't seem to be working at all but I also don't know if 1 week is really long enough to judge. The moods are going away and I feel a lot more "normal" in my thoughts which is the best thing that can happen. That part feels like it's working, but the pain stays pretty constant. I still can't sleep on either hip so I am exhausted.
I took the girls to the mall yesterday and then to a movie, which was extremely tiring. My back couldn't handle walking that far, but I sucked it up and finished the day. GI Joe was hot and worth watching, even though it was uncomfortable. When I got home I grabbed some icy hot and an ice pack and went to sleep. I don't think it even took 30 seconds to fall asleep.
If there is one positive thing is that my mind is more calm now. I am coming to terms with everything taking place in the last few weeks and dealing with it. Yes I cry, but it's a productive cry and I always seem to think more clearly. So glad I can recognize myself again.

1 comment:

  1. Hey! Welcome back Erin..... and all that aside I suspect you don't realize how amazing it is what you do so shortly after a big op and with other problems hurting, good for you taking the kids out! xx

    ReplyDelete