Hey !

I decided to join the many internet-savvy people and start blogging ! I have read many accounts of FAI and the process of diagnosis, surgery and recovery. This will be my record of the entire process and I will be extremely honest about how it affects my mental and physical state. Others will be googling when they find out they have the same diagnosis and support seems to be the thing missing.
My diagnosis (right hip)-
- cam-type FAI and pincer-type
- partial detachment of the anterior/superior labrum (tear)
- fraying along the articular margin of the superior labrum with minimal partial detachment
- chondral softening along the superior acetabular rim manifested by low signal in the cartlidge (no clue what that means !)
- mild chrondral surface irregularity
- chondral softening involving adjacent superior femoral head
- physiologic joint fluid
- insertional tendinosis of the right gluteus minimus

My left hip is almost the same but says complete detachment and no fluid reported.

Thursday, August 13, 2009

Back to the Urologist

Back to the Urology Center I go for my kidney stones. I spoke with the RA from Dr. Weingharts office and I have stones in both kidneys. I think I may just try and pass them on my own. He has ordered more of the Oxycontin so I will be at 20mg twice a day until they pass. Really the only thing I have to be able to get through is the pain.
Largest on the right - 4mm
Largest on the left - 5mm
Largest within pelvis - 6mm (still in the kidney)
She said that they can only visually see 10-12 on the scan and they only reported the largest size ones on the radiology report. The passing of the 6mm scares me a little since those over 4mm can be hard on your own.
Gee I guess I can see where my pain is coming from now.

I did not need this right now ! At a time when mentally I am drained I can't face going through the blasting to get them out. I of course will see the doctor for my initial appointment but will definitely push to see how much of this I can handle on my own.
The pain in my hip is worse today and the muscles are so tight it feels like I am carrying a boulder in my thigh. This too can be fixed with a bath soak and icy hot, so that's the plan for tonight.

I don't even want to discuss the depression today ....

4 comments:

  1. Erin, make sure its NOt the oxy-whatsit thats making you depressed before you double the dose - look up on net/ask doc don't just double!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pulled this up on the site for side effects. Nice they consider altered mental state a less serious side effect ! So I think it's safe to say that it is definitely what is causing me to feel this way.

    The symptoms include:

    * Nausea and diarrhea
    * Intense body pain
    * Abdominal cramping
    * Tremors
    * Muscle cramps and spasms
    * Chills
    * Running nose and eyes
    * Heavy sweating
    * Insomnia
    * Anxiety
    * Paranoia
    * Depression

    Other less serious side effects of OxyContin include:

    * Altered mental states
    * Confusion
    * Light headedness
    * Constipation
    * Dry mouth

    ReplyDelete
  3. right, ask for something else, with less make you nuts effects!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Erin,
    How long can you sit before you get butt ache?
    Louisa

    ReplyDelete