Hey !

I decided to join the many internet-savvy people and start blogging ! I have read many accounts of FAI and the process of diagnosis, surgery and recovery. This will be my record of the entire process and I will be extremely honest about how it affects my mental and physical state. Others will be googling when they find out they have the same diagnosis and support seems to be the thing missing.
My diagnosis (right hip)-
- cam-type FAI and pincer-type
- partial detachment of the anterior/superior labrum (tear)
- fraying along the articular margin of the superior labrum with minimal partial detachment
- chondral softening along the superior acetabular rim manifested by low signal in the cartlidge (no clue what that means !)
- mild chrondral surface irregularity
- chondral softening involving adjacent superior femoral head
- physiologic joint fluid
- insertional tendinosis of the right gluteus minimus

My left hip is almost the same but says complete detachment and no fluid reported.

Monday, August 10, 2009

Good morning !

So here we are, another Monday. The weekend was full of fun and quiet. I didn't do anything yesterday afternoon but update my blog and watch movies. Man on Fire is one of my favorites and it was on yesterday ! There were no kids in the house for a few hours so I took advantage of it.

I feel pretty decent today. My mood is finally stable and I feel happy, like genuinely happy inside. Emotions are so weird like that, and then one day you just have one of those moments where everything finally makes sense. I still am hurting but it's funny how much easier it is to deal with the pain when I am not depressed. I still have a low grade fever so I am hoping after my CT scan today they will finally find out where it's coming from. My incision site looks good too. There is still that weird lump and some redness but I believe Dr. Erickson when he says it was probably some scar tissue. My right hip, along the rim, hurts pretty bad today. When I step down it pinches and I find myself grabbing that spot with my hand out of impulse. I can't rub it either without completely irritating it. I am sure something would show up on the CT or my right hip arthrogram (when that gets scheduled). I guess we will see soon.
So I feel like I am back on track for my recovery mentally, and that's half the battle !

I just realized looking back that I have been writing on this blog for 3 months now ! Holy cow how did that happen ?

No comments:

Post a Comment