Hey !

I decided to join the many internet-savvy people and start blogging ! I have read many accounts of FAI and the process of diagnosis, surgery and recovery. This will be my record of the entire process and I will be extremely honest about how it affects my mental and physical state. Others will be googling when they find out they have the same diagnosis and support seems to be the thing missing.
My diagnosis (right hip)-
- cam-type FAI and pincer-type
- partial detachment of the anterior/superior labrum (tear)
- fraying along the articular margin of the superior labrum with minimal partial detachment
- chondral softening along the superior acetabular rim manifested by low signal in the cartlidge (no clue what that means !)
- mild chrondral surface irregularity
- chondral softening involving adjacent superior femoral head
- physiologic joint fluid
- insertional tendinosis of the right gluteus minimus

My left hip is almost the same but says complete detachment and no fluid reported.

Monday, August 3, 2009

Morning !

So, I spoke to soon. I woke up with a fever again this morning and the most unbearable pain in my right side. There is also some cramping at the top of my belly again , which I am really beginning to question if it is really a backup or something else is going on. Considering I am taking Oxycontin and started back up on the Gabapentin, I should not be at this level of pain. Even with those in me I am sitting at an 8 for pain right now.
My hip hurts to put weight on it, my right muscles hurt so badly that they pull even when I sit. The pain is traveling through the bottom of my back and up the right side to my shoulder area. I rubbed it some last night but it hurt extremely bad and I felt the pain for hours afterwards. I am also having problems sleeping on both sides. The operated hip is sore and I have a new bruise that showed up halfway down my thigh. I must have hit it on something. The right side is absolutely horrible to lay on, so for now I am laying flat on my back. As you know that hurts me too but it's the best of the options.
I am slightly depressed today but I am guessing it's the pain again. It's taking over my life and I am miserable. I want to be out with my boys having fun and enjoying the last couple of weeks before school starts. I am not a religious person, but I am praying for some relief or someone who can find out what's wrong with me. I am not myself anymore and I miss me !

No comments:

Post a Comment