Hey !

I decided to join the many internet-savvy people and start blogging ! I have read many accounts of FAI and the process of diagnosis, surgery and recovery. This will be my record of the entire process and I will be extremely honest about how it affects my mental and physical state. Others will be googling when they find out they have the same diagnosis and support seems to be the thing missing.
My diagnosis (right hip)-
- cam-type FAI and pincer-type
- partial detachment of the anterior/superior labrum (tear)
- fraying along the articular margin of the superior labrum with minimal partial detachment
- chondral softening along the superior acetabular rim manifested by low signal in the cartlidge (no clue what that means !)
- mild chrondral surface irregularity
- chondral softening involving adjacent superior femoral head
- physiologic joint fluid
- insertional tendinosis of the right gluteus minimus

My left hip is almost the same but says complete detachment and no fluid reported.

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Let the sun shine in !

What a beautiful day out today is. The sun is shining and I plan to get my butt outside and do some walking today. My hip feels fantastic. I at first thought I was feeling some pulling but it looks like my back is acting up a little so it's more referred than anything. I have been doing some hefty stretching and can now straighten my leg well up over my head with no problems at all. I am also trying to see how far out and inward I can move it before it hurts a little but I don't see really anything there either except I can't quite get it to rest on the floor yet. I am guessing that is due to not stretching quite enough. I was told that my recovery is more at stage 6 months and not 2 months as we would expect.
I have started eating better so I can get back to my pre-surgery weight at least before we tackle the other hip. I am realistic in knowing that hip is in much worse shape and my recovery may not be so easy. To this point it has been an absolute breeze. I worry about my fellow FAI'ers and can't figure out why my recovery has been so easy when we basically had the same surgeries done. I hope others keep in mind as well that I have been on daily pain therapy and it most likely masks some of the pain I would have felt otherwise and helped me push harder to move my hip more.
I am so worried about all the other test results for myself as well, because if I am not absorbing calcium as I should be it may not be the recovery I think it is ! Now ... time to go have a nice lunch in the grass in the nearby park.

No comments:

Post a Comment