Hey !

I decided to join the many internet-savvy people and start blogging ! I have read many accounts of FAI and the process of diagnosis, surgery and recovery. This will be my record of the entire process and I will be extremely honest about how it affects my mental and physical state. Others will be googling when they find out they have the same diagnosis and support seems to be the thing missing.
My diagnosis (right hip)-
- cam-type FAI and pincer-type
- partial detachment of the anterior/superior labrum (tear)
- fraying along the articular margin of the superior labrum with minimal partial detachment
- chondral softening along the superior acetabular rim manifested by low signal in the cartlidge (no clue what that means !)
- mild chrondral surface irregularity
- chondral softening involving adjacent superior femoral head
- physiologic joint fluid
- insertional tendinosis of the right gluteus minimus

My left hip is almost the same but says complete detachment and no fluid reported.

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Humpday ...

The week is flying by so fast and I continue to be feeling pretty good. I only feel a small amount of tugging and I do feel really tight in my hamstring. It's definitely a great change from the last few weeks and how I have been feeling. I don't see Michael again until Friday and boy am I anxious ! I am also feeling slightly better along the crest on my right side which is surprising me. This has hurt for well over 8 months, and if the solution is working that muscle I am all for it.
I got a call from Dr. Sorenson's office as well and my test results came back a little lower than the last so I have to do another 24 collection, which was horrible. My calcium was elevated as well as my vitamin D being extremely low, 16. So they suggest I go ahead and start the vitamin D supplements and see how they want to move forward with scheduling the scan of my parathyroid. The nurse did say the rest of my numbers looked pretty decent so finally a little good news.
Emotionally I am pretty happy. I swear it helps my recovery to feel like this. Probably should mention Rob and I are talking again and it has certainly helped me.

1 comment: