Hey !

I decided to join the many internet-savvy people and start blogging ! I have read many accounts of FAI and the process of diagnosis, surgery and recovery. This will be my record of the entire process and I will be extremely honest about how it affects my mental and physical state. Others will be googling when they find out they have the same diagnosis and support seems to be the thing missing.
My diagnosis (right hip)-
- cam-type FAI and pincer-type
- partial detachment of the anterior/superior labrum (tear)
- fraying along the articular margin of the superior labrum with minimal partial detachment
- chondral softening along the superior acetabular rim manifested by low signal in the cartlidge (no clue what that means !)
- mild chrondral surface irregularity
- chondral softening involving adjacent superior femoral head
- physiologic joint fluid
- insertional tendinosis of the right gluteus minimus

My left hip is almost the same but says complete detachment and no fluid reported.

Thursday, September 10, 2009

Zzzzzzzzzzzzz ....

Wow am I tired this morning ! All I can think about is going back to bed. I don't know if it's the muscle relaxers he gave me, but since I started taking them I feel very groggy and disoriented. I had to sneak and take 2 naps in the car on my breaks yesterday ....shhhhhhhh. This is really starting to affect me at work. With Kevin leaving in 2 weeks I really can't afford to miss anything he would be passing off to me before he leaves. I am so stressed trying to figure out how to carry the work of 4 people feeling the way I do.
Today the pain is incredible. I would say it is even almost worse than from before my surgery. The burning is so deep into my butt cheek that it even hurts to rub it now. My hamstring is tight today too and the stretching exercises made me tear up and now my IT Band is throbbing. I am assuming that is from the "massage" it got yesterday. Since this has never been stretched or massaged for that matter I am guessing it isn't very happy with me.
So, back to limping, which I am so sad I am having to do at this stage in my recovery. I was doing so well on my own before this injury and now I see it setting me back at least 2 months while I do PT. I am depressed over it that's for sure. I had the positive vibe going, knowing I was getting better.
Back to square one.

No comments:

Post a Comment