Hey !

I decided to join the many internet-savvy people and start blogging ! I have read many accounts of FAI and the process of diagnosis, surgery and recovery. This will be my record of the entire process and I will be extremely honest about how it affects my mental and physical state. Others will be googling when they find out they have the same diagnosis and support seems to be the thing missing.
My diagnosis (right hip)-
- cam-type FAI and pincer-type
- partial detachment of the anterior/superior labrum (tear)
- fraying along the articular margin of the superior labrum with minimal partial detachment
- chondral softening along the superior acetabular rim manifested by low signal in the cartlidge (no clue what that means !)
- mild chrondral surface irregularity
- chondral softening involving adjacent superior femoral head
- physiologic joint fluid
- insertional tendinosis of the right gluteus minimus

My left hip is almost the same but says complete detachment and no fluid reported.

Thursday, September 17, 2009

First appointment

I am back from my first appointment today with the Workman's Comp doctor and he isn't really sure what is going on. Since I am seeing Dr. Erickson this afternoon he said we will wait to see what he says and send the referral over to him for my care. He also gave me a new type of muscle relaxer that is time release and supposedly doesn't make you feel tired. I will most likely wait until I get home to try it just in case. I learned the hard way to not always trust them when they say it won't make you sleepy.

2 comments:

  1. what is it? Is it longterm? tell me all. Wanna know what ericson said?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dr. Erickson was pretty sympathetic for the first time since I started seeing him lol. He isn't really sure exactly what is causing the bulk of my pain but he does think my back is referring a lot of it. This would go back to my piriformis strain because the sciatic nerve runs through it. Hopefully I hear something back soon about the MRI.

    ReplyDelete