Hey !

I decided to join the many internet-savvy people and start blogging ! I have read many accounts of FAI and the process of diagnosis, surgery and recovery. This will be my record of the entire process and I will be extremely honest about how it affects my mental and physical state. Others will be googling when they find out they have the same diagnosis and support seems to be the thing missing.
My diagnosis (right hip)-
- cam-type FAI and pincer-type
- partial detachment of the anterior/superior labrum (tear)
- fraying along the articular margin of the superior labrum with minimal partial detachment
- chondral softening along the superior acetabular rim manifested by low signal in the cartlidge (no clue what that means !)
- mild chrondral surface irregularity
- chondral softening involving adjacent superior femoral head
- physiologic joint fluid
- insertional tendinosis of the right gluteus minimus

My left hip is almost the same but says complete detachment and no fluid reported.

Friday, September 25, 2009

Happy Friday !

This week is over already, wow it went quick.
I got up at 5:30 and went to breakfast with my son as usual and I feel wiped out. I was out of the 15mg oxycontin and had to take a 20mg so it makes me tired. I have to pick up the new prescription today and get that done.
Physical therapy was great this morning again. I let Michael know that the massage along the right side seem to work wonders and asked if he could possibly do it again to see if that was the key for me. He had absolutely no problem with it considering his job is to slowly try new things to pinpoint where the pain is coming from. I can honestly say I feel excellent right now. My hamstring is still being a pain but it always feels less tight after I see him. I did some stretching before he did the massage, but again on the gluteus minimus I was almost crying it hurt so much. I figured I can cope with that level of pain long enough to feel better for days afterward. When he started on the IT band I was almost jumping off the table it hurt so bad.
I am feeling some pain in my butt cheek again and a slight pinching, guessing it is still the piriformis. One thing I can say though is that I am healing. I can feel the difference everyday and I am excited about it. The MRI is this afternoon and Dr. Weinghart's office just called and let me know that they are going to give me the Valium. Oh happy day !
I had the most wonderful evening and I feel very content today and calm. Everything seems to be coming together with both the emotional and physical aspects of my life and it feels phenomenal.

1 comment: