Hey !

I decided to join the many internet-savvy people and start blogging ! I have read many accounts of FAI and the process of diagnosis, surgery and recovery. This will be my record of the entire process and I will be extremely honest about how it affects my mental and physical state. Others will be googling when they find out they have the same diagnosis and support seems to be the thing missing.
My diagnosis (right hip)-
- cam-type FAI and pincer-type
- partial detachment of the anterior/superior labrum (tear)
- fraying along the articular margin of the superior labrum with minimal partial detachment
- chondral softening along the superior acetabular rim manifested by low signal in the cartlidge (no clue what that means !)
- mild chrondral surface irregularity
- chondral softening involving adjacent superior femoral head
- physiologic joint fluid
- insertional tendinosis of the right gluteus minimus

My left hip is almost the same but says complete detachment and no fluid reported.

Friday, September 11, 2009

Sore Again

I had PT again this morning and we started using some of the machines. He eventually will have me on the elliptical and said no more treadmill for me, ever ! My body can't handle that motion anymore so he is showing me some great exercises to strengthen not only my hip and thigh but also the muscles that run along my knee for support. We are using no weight right now, just my body and it definitely hurt when doing the lifts and balancing exercises. He thinks I may have hurt something more because I am feeling pain where the exercises shouldn't be causing pain. He did the ultrasound again this morning and a soft tissue massage .. my favorite parts ! I go back to Dr. Erickson for my hip follow-up on Thursday so we will see then, possibly he will order the MRI to take a look.
I am still pretty groggy from the medications and hope eventually to ween myself off of them. I am really sick of being tired and I just want to have some energy. I see Dr. Sorenson for all my retests of the parathyroid next week so hopefully we can move forward with all that too.

2 comments:

  1. mri, parallel lives, god it was hideous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even the thought of that machine causes me stress and I feel like crying. Some people could never grasp the feeling some people experience from those things. I can't do it without the drugs now. I even felt it a little bit with my CT scan this last time.

    ReplyDelete