Hey !

I decided to join the many internet-savvy people and start blogging ! I have read many accounts of FAI and the process of diagnosis, surgery and recovery. This will be my record of the entire process and I will be extremely honest about how it affects my mental and physical state. Others will be googling when they find out they have the same diagnosis and support seems to be the thing missing.
My diagnosis (right hip)-
- cam-type FAI and pincer-type
- partial detachment of the anterior/superior labrum (tear)
- fraying along the articular margin of the superior labrum with minimal partial detachment
- chondral softening along the superior acetabular rim manifested by low signal in the cartlidge (no clue what that means !)
- mild chrondral surface irregularity
- chondral softening involving adjacent superior femoral head
- physiologic joint fluid
- insertional tendinosis of the right gluteus minimus

My left hip is almost the same but says complete detachment and no fluid reported.

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Happy Tuesday !

I am feeling pretty good today for a change. Thought I would mix it up and actually have a good day.
After seeing Michael yesterday I am coming to the conclusion that my right hip may actually be contributing to my pain. He did the massage on the right side yesterday and I woke up feeling pretty damn good on both sides. Of course I am still stiff when I walk but it isn't nearly as bad as it had been the last few times. My back is aching a very small bit and my hamstring is tight but those I can deal with. Even the right side crest area is in less pain and it feels so nice. I may ask him to do that again on Friday and see if I can keep progressing. I am getting so ready to have this hip done.
Emotionally I am extremely content today. After posting about my needs yesterday I finally got the break I so badly needed and wanted last night. My emotions have been all over the place and I can't really put my finger on why. I don't know if I can blame the medication, the frustration of always being in pain or that I am just messed up sometimes. I can't believe it's been almost 10 months since my original injury. It plays on my mind like it was yesterday and I can't believe I have lived with this degree of pain for so long. I am looking forward to the day I can say I am completely healed and move on with my life. I knew this was going to be a long journey but I had no idea that I would be this messed up!

No comments:

Post a Comment