Hey !

I decided to join the many internet-savvy people and start blogging ! I have read many accounts of FAI and the process of diagnosis, surgery and recovery. This will be my record of the entire process and I will be extremely honest about how it affects my mental and physical state. Others will be googling when they find out they have the same diagnosis and support seems to be the thing missing.
My diagnosis (right hip)-
- cam-type FAI and pincer-type
- partial detachment of the anterior/superior labrum (tear)
- fraying along the articular margin of the superior labrum with minimal partial detachment
- chondral softening along the superior acetabular rim manifested by low signal in the cartlidge (no clue what that means !)
- mild chrondral surface irregularity
- chondral softening involving adjacent superior femoral head
- physiologic joint fluid
- insertional tendinosis of the right gluteus minimus

My left hip is almost the same but says complete detachment and no fluid reported.

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Snooooooozefest

I am so tired ! My brain is not willing to function today and my body is not playing nice either. I went to bed at 10:30 last night and didn't crawl out of bed until 8'ish and feel like I slept 20 minutes ! Nate and Brandon are both sick, Nate even stayed home from school with a fever today. I wonder if I am catching something.
My hip and back are aching like they did before my surgery and I am extremely frustrated. Following PT yesterday I could barely walk and the exercises were nearly impossible. I was fine with the lifts but letting it go back down shot pain through my hip and into my groin that eventually after the 4th one I was crying. Michael did pin point the location for my pain and said it was at the insertion point of the hamstring and helped a lot by hitting it with the ultrasound and massaged it pretty good. I think what feels the best for me is when he pulls my ankle to him as I am laying on my back. That minor stretching feels fantastic and relieves so much pressure from my back.
I have stopped taking the muscle relaxers and I am sure that hasn't helped me the last couple of days, but it is seriously affecting me being able to get anything done during the day. I may start taking half of one during the night, I haven't really decided yet. The pain meds are useless lately and I am taking the Lyrica as I normally would without even knowing if they are really working. I feel exhausted either way and just want to crawl back in bed today. With Kevin leaving next week though I really need to stay at work to make sure I can get every bit of knowledge from him to help me transition easier when he leaves. I am so stressed out.

No comments:

Post a Comment