Hey !

I decided to join the many internet-savvy people and start blogging ! I have read many accounts of FAI and the process of diagnosis, surgery and recovery. This will be my record of the entire process and I will be extremely honest about how it affects my mental and physical state. Others will be googling when they find out they have the same diagnosis and support seems to be the thing missing.
My diagnosis (right hip)-
- cam-type FAI and pincer-type
- partial detachment of the anterior/superior labrum (tear)
- fraying along the articular margin of the superior labrum with minimal partial detachment
- chondral softening along the superior acetabular rim manifested by low signal in the cartlidge (no clue what that means !)
- mild chrondral surface irregularity
- chondral softening involving adjacent superior femoral head
- physiologic joint fluid
- insertional tendinosis of the right gluteus minimus

My left hip is almost the same but says complete detachment and no fluid reported.

Monday, September 28, 2009

I lived .... again

MRI's are evil.
I of course got sick during the beginning of mine Friday and had the worse sense of panic. I ended up crying and having to take 2 different shots at it. Finally after the scan started I fell asleep from the Valium and was able to finish it without even remembering. I swear it is being strapped down that does it to me. For an hour or 2 afterward I shake uncontrollably. I am anxiously awaiting my scan report to see if everything is going ok.
Physical Therapy was a little rough this morning. I did the presses, ball rotations and he had me doing 3/3's of the leg lifts. My leg is still really shaky and it was only painful on the lifts. The horrible part was when he worked on the IT band. The pain is to the point I am ready to jump off the table, but now I just remember to breathe through it and to swear (sh!t is my favorite right now). He worked again on my glutes and my lower back which was great, still hurts extremely bad but he does the deep tissue now on both sides and I can finish it straight through. I kinda miss the ultrasound but it honestly isn't helping enough to make a difference. I think that's why I like Michael so much because he is great at the process of elimination and finding what really works for me. I can't believe the difference in the right crest now, it is getting to the point I barely even notice it anymore. It starts to get sore again after maybe 3 or 4 days but at least now it's tolerable. Today though the heating pad had to come out.
I am also concerned about my need for pain meds. Saturday night I was 2 hours late on my meds and I could feel it. The limp started and my back ached so badly. I was with the girls at the mall getting their homecoming dresses and I was almost in tears just trying to get around. This bothers me. To know if for whatever reason I can't refill a prescription or something similar (no access to them) that I may very well go through some serious withdrawal and pain. I need to get this figured out and soon so I can finally just stop taking it. I did start taking the vitamin D this weekend so that may help with some areas of being exhausted, but at this point I will take absolutely anything that will help me naturally feel better. Guess I will see. The most natural feel good stuff I am getting right now is emotional support, which has been missing for a little bit. It feels wonderful to have it again.

2 comments:

  1. Erin are you limping from your operated leg or the one that needs the op?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was limping on the operated leg. Today though I am feeling great and there is no limp at all, just a slight backache.

    ReplyDelete