Hey !

I decided to join the many internet-savvy people and start blogging ! I have read many accounts of FAI and the process of diagnosis, surgery and recovery. This will be my record of the entire process and I will be extremely honest about how it affects my mental and physical state. Others will be googling when they find out they have the same diagnosis and support seems to be the thing missing.
My diagnosis (right hip)-
- cam-type FAI and pincer-type
- partial detachment of the anterior/superior labrum (tear)
- fraying along the articular margin of the superior labrum with minimal partial detachment
- chondral softening along the superior acetabular rim manifested by low signal in the cartlidge (no clue what that means !)
- mild chrondral surface irregularity
- chondral softening involving adjacent superior femoral head
- physiologic joint fluid
- insertional tendinosis of the right gluteus minimus

My left hip is almost the same but says complete detachment and no fluid reported.

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

It feels like Monday ...

The weekend was soooo long. I got hit with the flu Heather had last week and spent nearly the entire weekend in bed. My body needed the rest but now my hip and thigh are so sore and tight from the inactivity.
I saw the doctor this morning for Workman's comp and he also saw that the strain/pull was my piriformis and hamstring. He prescribed a muscle relaxer to help loosen my hamstring up a little bit, it was extremely tight. He has also ordered physical therapy 3 times a week for 4 weeks and then we will see where we are at. It's not a bad facility but I would much prefer Michael, but I can't because they won't pay for it. I will see him tomorrow for the soft tissue massage and pay the copay out of pocket because this new one can't see me until next Wednesday. The only restriction I have been given is light duty and to be able to change position and walk whenever I feel the need. I already have this ability. I will push again to have these spots marked on the floor since I have already talked to several women who have experienced the same things with heels.
I am feeling super sleepy today and I have no clue why. Maybe too much sleep yesterday. I think I was awake maybe 8 hours total the whole day and then slept all the way through last night. I still feel a little bit hanging on but I am definitely better.

No comments:

Post a Comment