Hey !

I decided to join the many internet-savvy people and start blogging ! I have read many accounts of FAI and the process of diagnosis, surgery and recovery. This will be my record of the entire process and I will be extremely honest about how it affects my mental and physical state. Others will be googling when they find out they have the same diagnosis and support seems to be the thing missing.
My diagnosis (right hip)-
- cam-type FAI and pincer-type
- partial detachment of the anterior/superior labrum (tear)
- fraying along the articular margin of the superior labrum with minimal partial detachment
- chondral softening along the superior acetabular rim manifested by low signal in the cartlidge (no clue what that means !)
- mild chrondral surface irregularity
- chondral softening involving adjacent superior femoral head
- physiologic joint fluid
- insertional tendinosis of the right gluteus minimus

My left hip is almost the same but says complete detachment and no fluid reported.

Sunday, July 19, 2009

So tired ..

Today was a long day. I went to the pool and soaked for a bit and the walking felt great. After about an hour we took off and went to a local carnival. Right about then I started to notice horrible pain in my groin area that had me almost in tears. This was on the right side and my left hip remains to show any signs at all of pain. My Gluteus Minimus is so sore it's not even funny and I am feeling a constant pull down the inside of my leg. I had to do some laundry tonight and my legs ached terribly, may be due to not enough water. It's been pretty warm and I feel tired from that alone since we don't have central air. My back was slightly sore but of course that is due to my arthritis, nothing some Darvocet can't fix so I can sleep though. I hate these drugs so much. I can not wait to get my right hip fixed now.

I also went to an open house and found the perfect home ! After speaking with the mortgage broker it looks like I may be able to get into it too with the new home buyers tax incentive from the stimulus. There is a ton more room and everything has been remodeled. I am looking to run numbers Monday :).

2 comments:

  1. hi there! do you know if your acetabular rim was taken down? did your hip used to click and does it still? i wonder if i'm so far behind because they've re anchored my labrum rather than take it away... you're doing fabulously. i have pain in groin still and butt. gonna ring his sec tomorrow and see what i can find out.
    thanks.
    ps new hips, new house all exciting stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There was a small angle issue with the hip but nothing to the extent you had. The anchor definitely may be the difference since they just removed mine. There was horrible clicking but that is totally gone now. I am betting they are watching that anchor to make sure it heals before you get moving around on it.

    ReplyDelete