Hey !

I decided to join the many internet-savvy people and start blogging ! I have read many accounts of FAI and the process of diagnosis, surgery and recovery. This will be my record of the entire process and I will be extremely honest about how it affects my mental and physical state. Others will be googling when they find out they have the same diagnosis and support seems to be the thing missing.
My diagnosis (right hip)-
- cam-type FAI and pincer-type
- partial detachment of the anterior/superior labrum (tear)
- fraying along the articular margin of the superior labrum with minimal partial detachment
- chondral softening along the superior acetabular rim manifested by low signal in the cartlidge (no clue what that means !)
- mild chrondral surface irregularity
- chondral softening involving adjacent superior femoral head
- physiologic joint fluid
- insertional tendinosis of the right gluteus minimus

My left hip is almost the same but says complete detachment and no fluid reported.

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

20 Days Down

So it's been a whole 20 days since my surgery. It feels like a lot longer that's for sure. My recovery continues to go really well. We took both dogs for a walk last night and I even broke out into a light jog. I am making sure to not make any sudden changes in direction so the hip remains moving one way and I don't hurt myself. I did some light stretching before we started so I didn't feel like I was carrying rocks in my legs. The bad hip is sore today and it hurts in the butt again, but it's tolerable and nothing tylenol didn't help with. The incision sites are calming down and healing really nice. The scars look like little butterflies. The bruising is almost gone too. Tonight will be swimming night and I can soak a little bit in the hottub, those nights feel so good. I am so happy that I went through with this surgery.

Emotionally I was able to finally let go. So I cried a little and came to terms with everything in my mind and my heart. The wall I spent so long building up, only to let it down, is starting to rebuild and it will be a long while before I ever let anyone close to me like that again. I have so many other positive things in my life to look forward to and appreciate right now. So tons of healing going on inside and out and I know I am going to be ok now that I got over the mourning period and the loss. All feels right with the world right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment