Hey !

I decided to join the many internet-savvy people and start blogging ! I have read many accounts of FAI and the process of diagnosis, surgery and recovery. This will be my record of the entire process and I will be extremely honest about how it affects my mental and physical state. Others will be googling when they find out they have the same diagnosis and support seems to be the thing missing.
My diagnosis (right hip)-
- cam-type FAI and pincer-type
- partial detachment of the anterior/superior labrum (tear)
- fraying along the articular margin of the superior labrum with minimal partial detachment
- chondral softening along the superior acetabular rim manifested by low signal in the cartlidge (no clue what that means !)
- mild chrondral surface irregularity
- chondral softening involving adjacent superior femoral head
- physiologic joint fluid
- insertional tendinosis of the right gluteus minimus

My left hip is almost the same but says complete detachment and no fluid reported.

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Can't sleep

Well after visiting the doctor today I am even more anxious than I was before. After looking me over and walking in with a fever he is testing me for Rheumatoid Arthritis and Lupus. It may also be an indication of ANV - Necrosis in my hip. He did a full set of bloodwork to make sure it's not something as simple as an infection but he said with my symptoms and how long I have had them that he is pretty concerned, after all I do already have arthritis. The pain level is at a 9 now most days so he also prescribed Oxycontin (only 10mg dose) and I have a standby for Lyrica if I find that isn't enough relief.
I am sitting here in tears tonight. I am so sick of this. I don't want to be in pain anymore or to suffer the way I have been. I keep telling myself that it isn't fair. There hasn't been a day yet that I haven't asked why it has to be me, why I can't just have a normal full life. Instead I am faced with pain every single day and there is never any escape from it. The sadness and anxiety have finally won and I am losing that will to remain positive, too much emotionally for any one person to have to deal with.
I am going to try and sleep again, but the leg cramps are keeping me up. If anyone can muster up some good thoughts, please send them my way.

2 comments:

  1. Oh Bugger Erin, only just visited. What on earths going on? Is it your back or your hip? Have they got black and white proof your back is bad and not just a symptom of hip pain that hasn't yet resolved? I say that because the pain refers so badly into the back
    Why are they thinking ANV necrosis?
    Please don't panic if you look up my many misdiagnosis one was a certainty that I had RA/Lupus or another auto-immune disease and when tested I had high ANA's which was really bad and I had to wait about 10 days to confirm which hideous disease I might be dying of and when that came back, it was jack s**t!! And they were the worst 10 days of my life! I was tested again for high ANA's a yr later on my request as had trouble conceiving and they can be a cause and the test came back completely normal which I was told was impossible! I actually think in retrospect the high ana results might have been connected to all the steroid shots I'd had in my back at the time, but I dunno.

    I just don't want you to worry too much it won't help you recover and you have just had a major operation! Even though you're up and about it still kicks the crap out of your body for a while.
    Am thinking of you and wishing you lots of calm and healing.
    Ps they tested me then because I also get wrist aches, but I think its typing and ankle aches, but I think that was jumping out of the bedroom window age 15 to go to a party I was banned from!

    Keep strong Erin xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is definitely a back issue, I was diagnosed with Facet Joint Arthritis and the joints were severely swollen at my last MRI. With both working against me I really don't know what to do but to trust the doctors and see if they can pinpoint what is happening. It just seems after doing some research that my symptoms over the months point more to RA and not Lupus.
    Hopefully this afternoon I will hear something back and can better understand what my body is trying to tell me.
    I am trying to stay strong but man it's becoming more difficult every day !

    ReplyDelete