Hey !

I decided to join the many internet-savvy people and start blogging ! I have read many accounts of FAI and the process of diagnosis, surgery and recovery. This will be my record of the entire process and I will be extremely honest about how it affects my mental and physical state. Others will be googling when they find out they have the same diagnosis and support seems to be the thing missing.
My diagnosis (right hip)-
- cam-type FAI and pincer-type
- partial detachment of the anterior/superior labrum (tear)
- fraying along the articular margin of the superior labrum with minimal partial detachment
- chondral softening along the superior acetabular rim manifested by low signal in the cartlidge (no clue what that means !)
- mild chrondral surface irregularity
- chondral softening involving adjacent superior femoral head
- physiologic joint fluid
- insertional tendinosis of the right gluteus minimus

My left hip is almost the same but says complete detachment and no fluid reported.

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Back to work ... again

So I am back to work now 2 weeks post-op. I saw Dr. Erickson yesterday and he was impressed with how quickly I am recovering. I have been out with the kids the last 2 nights playing softball and football and walking around the lake. It feels really good to exercise but my back and right hip are starting to really get sore. He did ask me to stay off it a little due to having a bad reaction to the stitches they left in. They started a small infection but they are out now and my body just needs to heal itself. I have been doing more and more the better I feel. I cleaned the house top to bottom because it felt like I had been slacking for so long trying to stay off the hips. I need to get on top of the house and fix the swamp cooler next ! Taking a nice soak in the tub was great using the bath therapy stuff I got a couple of months ago.
I am feeling extremely depressed over the latest situation and hope this doesn't seriously affect my recovery. I am trying very hard to focus completely on getting better and hope the rest just gets better in time. I miss having him around that's for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment