Hey !

I decided to join the many internet-savvy people and start blogging ! I have read many accounts of FAI and the process of diagnosis, surgery and recovery. This will be my record of the entire process and I will be extremely honest about how it affects my mental and physical state. Others will be googling when they find out they have the same diagnosis and support seems to be the thing missing.
My diagnosis (right hip)-
- cam-type FAI and pincer-type
- partial detachment of the anterior/superior labrum (tear)
- fraying along the articular margin of the superior labrum with minimal partial detachment
- chondral softening along the superior acetabular rim manifested by low signal in the cartlidge (no clue what that means !)
- mild chrondral surface irregularity
- chondral softening involving adjacent superior femoral head
- physiologic joint fluid
- insertional tendinosis of the right gluteus minimus

My left hip is almost the same but says complete detachment and no fluid reported.

Monday, July 20, 2009

Feeling good

Well I am closing in on my 3rd post-op week and I feel extremely good physically. I have very minimal tightness now and I am learning ways to stretch those muscles that get tight. I am now going to focus on losing a few pounds and try to start eating the way I did before this process started and once again try and hit 130 pounds. I got all the right foods last night and I am feeling motivated. I will still be taking the Bioflex and viatmins to keep my recovery moving forward.
Mentally I am not doing so hot due to my emotions being all over the place. I have been feeling lonely and really miss having that support, but at the same time I know deep down I am going to have to work on getting better.

2 comments:

  1. Erin, Really sorry to hear that...I guess this is a difficult time anyway, without the added chaos of the fall out from Rob?
    How old are your kiddies, I guess they keep you busy, but is not the same as adult company. I have 2, one's 4 and one's almost 9 months now. I'm sure you have more support than you know, I know I'm remote and kind of faceless, but I'm right behind you and I'm sure I'm not the only person wishing you well x

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so sweet ! My kids are 18,16,14 and 11 so they are a bit older and don't rely on me as much. They have been such a huge help to me and really have gotten me through it all with getting out and busy again. As for Rob, I don't know how to even describe the sadness except it hurts of course. I know I will get better, I have no choice. Today just isn't a good day for all of that.

    ReplyDelete