Hey !

I decided to join the many internet-savvy people and start blogging ! I have read many accounts of FAI and the process of diagnosis, surgery and recovery. This will be my record of the entire process and I will be extremely honest about how it affects my mental and physical state. Others will be googling when they find out they have the same diagnosis and support seems to be the thing missing.
My diagnosis (right hip)-
- cam-type FAI and pincer-type
- partial detachment of the anterior/superior labrum (tear)
- fraying along the articular margin of the superior labrum with minimal partial detachment
- chondral softening along the superior acetabular rim manifested by low signal in the cartlidge (no clue what that means !)
- mild chrondral surface irregularity
- chondral softening involving adjacent superior femoral head
- physiologic joint fluid
- insertional tendinosis of the right gluteus minimus

My left hip is almost the same but says complete detachment and no fluid reported.

Monday, July 27, 2009

Quick weekend !

Wow that weekend was too quick ! I spent some time with my daughter on Saturday looking at new cars and finding something with a gentler suspension for my body. Sorento's certainly do not have very much give for the back and hips. I found some nice vehicles and haven't set on anything right now due to the massive carry I have. The Jeep Commander is definitely topping the list.

I had Saturday night to myself with no children at home. Had a nice date out for dinner and then we relaxed at home, which was so nice. This is going to get a tad personal so if you don't want to know you may want to stop here ! If it appears to offend anyone I will just remove the post.
So now for the personal part, not sure anyone even talks about this post-op. The new hip changes made a huge difference. I was extremely nervous about even trying anything intimate yet. Nothing really hurt but a muscle knot at one of the incision sites. The support on the knee is pretty important so the leg doesn't get pushed down too far. There was more pressure put on the right hip but it did ok. Thankfully he was well aware and was gentle with me.
So 3 weeks post-op my life is definitely moving back into a normal direction and not feeling the locking and catching of both of my hips. My back is extremely tight today but I have been stretching and walking around the office at least once an hour. The knot is gone but I do feel a slight soreness in my butt, kinda like after you run too much and wake up sore the next morning. It was a really good weekend and I feel pretty refreshed.

2 comments:

  1. My God I'm still clattering around like a granny and you're able to get jiggy with it, I WANT YOUR SURGEON!! Sooo not fair.

    I am, or at least my hips are feeling stable! So nothing too bad and I'm hoping its a pos sign.
    Hope you got thru to the clinic/hosp.

    Louisa.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't, but have an apoointment with my family doctor to discuss what they can do to help with pain management for my bad hip and back, or at least help me find a new PT. I see him tomorrow.
    My surgeon gets extra kudos ;)

    ReplyDelete