Hey !

I decided to join the many internet-savvy people and start blogging ! I have read many accounts of FAI and the process of diagnosis, surgery and recovery. This will be my record of the entire process and I will be extremely honest about how it affects my mental and physical state. Others will be googling when they find out they have the same diagnosis and support seems to be the thing missing.
My diagnosis (right hip)-
- cam-type FAI and pincer-type
- partial detachment of the anterior/superior labrum (tear)
- fraying along the articular margin of the superior labrum with minimal partial detachment
- chondral softening along the superior acetabular rim manifested by low signal in the cartlidge (no clue what that means !)
- mild chrondral surface irregularity
- chondral softening involving adjacent superior femoral head
- physiologic joint fluid
- insertional tendinosis of the right gluteus minimus

My left hip is almost the same but says complete detachment and no fluid reported.

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Sick ... again

I woke up feeling awful again this morning. My head hurts for some reason and has for the last 3 days. My back hurts so badly I can't stand it and my right hip is burning. I hate feeling like this. My temp is right at 100 so nothing really major but I am starting to worry a little considering the last time I had a fever I had an infection starting from the facet injections. I think I may just need to reset and sleep a little, but today I am seeing Dr. Weinghart and can ask him what may be going on.
My left hip soreness is gone and my butt doesn't hurt anymore. I need to stretch a little today but not feeling really motivated to do anything. I will try and get myself going, but man I just want to rest ! My hands have just started to get a warm numb feeling in them so it looks like a migraine may be hitting soon. Time for some Maxalt !

No comments:

Post a Comment