Hey !

I decided to join the many internet-savvy people and start blogging ! I have read many accounts of FAI and the process of diagnosis, surgery and recovery. This will be my record of the entire process and I will be extremely honest about how it affects my mental and physical state. Others will be googling when they find out they have the same diagnosis and support seems to be the thing missing.
My diagnosis (right hip)-
- cam-type FAI and pincer-type
- partial detachment of the anterior/superior labrum (tear)
- fraying along the articular margin of the superior labrum with minimal partial detachment
- chondral softening along the superior acetabular rim manifested by low signal in the cartlidge (no clue what that means !)
- mild chrondral surface irregularity
- chondral softening involving adjacent superior femoral head
- physiologic joint fluid
- insertional tendinosis of the right gluteus minimus

My left hip is almost the same but says complete detachment and no fluid reported.

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Brrrrrr .........

It's so hard to believe it has been 27 days since my surgery. Time is flying !
The weather is changing here and it's starting to cool off and it's been raining. I haven't felt well the last couple of days due to a headache that just won't go away. I am still a little sore in my backside but I don't think I can pinpoint exactly what is causing it other than my *ahem* activities from the weekend (and last night). I have picked up my physical activity and working on extending my range of motion. Either way it is very tolerable and nothing a couple of tylenol haven't been able to help with. I may switch to Motrin for an anti-inflammatory until it goes away. The soreness at my incision site is almost gone too.
I can now lift my leg completely off the bed and bring my knee right to my chest without even so much as a small pull. I have been extremely paranoid thinking that they cut some nerve somewhere so I don't feel pain, silly I know but this has gone so well so far.
I am seeing Dr. Weinghart tomorrow to address my rehabilitation, he has been my general doctor since this all began. I am hoping to work on a good pain management program for my bad hip, something I am reluctant to even talk about since the surgery. The pain is getting seriously bad along with my back, but I don't want it to cloud any reports of my operated hip on here because I want people to know that to this point the surgery has drastically improved my life .. even if it's only been half of my problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment