Hey !

I decided to join the many internet-savvy people and start blogging ! I have read many accounts of FAI and the process of diagnosis, surgery and recovery. This will be my record of the entire process and I will be extremely honest about how it affects my mental and physical state. Others will be googling when they find out they have the same diagnosis and support seems to be the thing missing.
My diagnosis (right hip)-
- cam-type FAI and pincer-type
- partial detachment of the anterior/superior labrum (tear)
- fraying along the articular margin of the superior labrum with minimal partial detachment
- chondral softening along the superior acetabular rim manifested by low signal in the cartlidge (no clue what that means !)
- mild chrondral surface irregularity
- chondral softening involving adjacent superior femoral head
- physiologic joint fluid
- insertional tendinosis of the right gluteus minimus

My left hip is almost the same but says complete detachment and no fluid reported.

Friday, July 24, 2009

Defeated !

So again today I am feeling that defeated feeling I felt a few months ago. I went in to Dr. Oeser only to be told they tried to call me to reschedule my appointment ... again. Odd thing is I have nothing from them, not even a voicemail. So this time they want to make it 3 weeks out, which irks me considering I waited 2 weeks for this one. So since my Facet injections and my hip surgery I have seen the PT .... wait for it ..... 0 times ! No medication refills, no stretches to get through the pain better, no follow-up to make sure everything went ok with my injections and there are no adverse reactions, absolutely nothing.
So what to do next ? I am calling Dr. Law's office yet again since they referred me and see if they can't find me a new PT that isn't this neglectful. It just amazes me with the extent of what has happened to my body that they aren't more concerned with my rehabilitation. What if something was going wrong or that I had swelling in my back .. etc. No one would ever know ! It's an extremely scary thought for me right now considering the level of pain I have been at the last couple of weeks.
Thought I would add though that if it weren't for the internet and common sense I couldn't have started doing the rehab myself !

2 comments:

  1. HI Erin,
    Rehab is so patchy, I actually spent a day last week googling and ringing round to find someone specialize in this. Some I spoke to wanted to treat me but had only done it a handful of times, so I said no thanks and have found someones who's pretty experienced now. I have transfered my insurance across. Perhaps you can too?

    Feel a comedown now as have lot of pain and wonder why the same things trigger my pain like prolonged sitting, why if the impingement is gone - do you get that?

    Its not easy this is it! Lets keep going though!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have attributed it to not only the bone shaving but the lack of movement in the muscles. I feel it too after sitting for a prolonged period of time. After watching the video you can see they are anything but gentle in there so it is just a matter of patience and hoping it is healing ok .. because honestly there is no way to tell.

    ReplyDelete