Hey !

I decided to join the many internet-savvy people and start blogging ! I have read many accounts of FAI and the process of diagnosis, surgery and recovery. This will be my record of the entire process and I will be extremely honest about how it affects my mental and physical state. Others will be googling when they find out they have the same diagnosis and support seems to be the thing missing.
My diagnosis (right hip)-
- cam-type FAI and pincer-type
- partial detachment of the anterior/superior labrum (tear)
- fraying along the articular margin of the superior labrum with minimal partial detachment
- chondral softening along the superior acetabular rim manifested by low signal in the cartlidge (no clue what that means !)
- mild chrondral surface irregularity
- chondral softening involving adjacent superior femoral head
- physiologic joint fluid
- insertional tendinosis of the right gluteus minimus

My left hip is almost the same but says complete detachment and no fluid reported.

Thursday, July 23, 2009

Looking forward to PT

I am seeing Dr. Oeser today and I am pretty anxious. My operated hip feels fabulous but my right hip and back are getting out of control. I am at a loss as to what to do. The soaks aren't helping anymore and the nerve pain is getting bad again. I wanted to walk last night for my hip but then my back prevented me from going anywhere so I just watched some TV on my bed. I have gotten really good at texting though during this whole thing.
I did some light stretches last night and I am now able to lay flat on my back and lift my leg almost all the way up off the bed. When I first had the surgery I couldn't lift my leg off the bed at all. Shows me that the muscles are getting stronger and I am healing. I laid down with an ice pack on my hip and back for a bit last night but it wasn't much relief.
I will update again tomorrow reporting what the PT is suggesting.

1 comment:

  1. Hahaha I think despite err 6000? miles distance I think we're doing the same thing at the same time icing our hips! I just updated my facebook with that, not that anyone can relate to that other than a fellow hippy!
    Sorry to hear about your back and good luck with your appointment later!

    ReplyDelete