Hey !

I decided to join the many internet-savvy people and start blogging ! I have read many accounts of FAI and the process of diagnosis, surgery and recovery. This will be my record of the entire process and I will be extremely honest about how it affects my mental and physical state. Others will be googling when they find out they have the same diagnosis and support seems to be the thing missing.
My diagnosis (right hip)-
- cam-type FAI and pincer-type
- partial detachment of the anterior/superior labrum (tear)
- fraying along the articular margin of the superior labrum with minimal partial detachment
- chondral softening along the superior acetabular rim manifested by low signal in the cartlidge (no clue what that means !)
- mild chrondral surface irregularity
- chondral softening involving adjacent superior femoral head
- physiologic joint fluid
- insertional tendinosis of the right gluteus minimus

My left hip is almost the same but says complete detachment and no fluid reported.

Friday, July 17, 2009

Pictures










I was a little weary about posting pictures because my body is bad enough as it is, but since the people visiting are so supportive I honestly don't care anymore. The scars are pretty minimal and considering I am only 2 weeks out I think it looks great myself. I am using vitamin E on the scars to hopefully lessen their appearance but you can see that one in the front that was giving me a hard time. There is one other missing but no one needs to see my "brighter side". My legs look huge there ! Maybe in a couple of months I will post an after shot to see what they look like. Either way the hip feels fantastic, I will take scars anyday.

3 comments:

  1. Not bad bruising at all!! I do have bilateral FAI but only my left side is painful. I'm sure the right one will be fixed one day!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats brilliant and you're NOT FAT! I thought if mine were really messy I might get a tatoo of something small over each, tiny butterflies representing freedom or something, but the scares we're getting are gonna be tiny aren't they. Might do it anyway if I get my life back! Keep going you're my FAI success inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the tatoo idea ! I think I would be in that chair a heck of a long time if I do it though lol. Maybe some stars .....

    ReplyDelete