Hey !

I decided to join the many internet-savvy people and start blogging ! I have read many accounts of FAI and the process of diagnosis, surgery and recovery. This will be my record of the entire process and I will be extremely honest about how it affects my mental and physical state. Others will be googling when they find out they have the same diagnosis and support seems to be the thing missing.
My diagnosis (right hip)-
- cam-type FAI and pincer-type
- partial detachment of the anterior/superior labrum (tear)
- fraying along the articular margin of the superior labrum with minimal partial detachment
- chondral softening along the superior acetabular rim manifested by low signal in the cartlidge (no clue what that means !)
- mild chrondral surface irregularity
- chondral softening involving adjacent superior femoral head
- physiologic joint fluid
- insertional tendinosis of the right gluteus minimus

My left hip is almost the same but says complete detachment and no fluid reported.

Thursday, July 30, 2009

Sleeeepy

I woke up so tired today. Still have a slight fever of 99.8 and I ache everywhere. It was unseasonably cold today and the rain is still coming down. I think a little bit of my stiffness is due to the weather. My back ache is horrible and my right hip at the pelvic brim hurts even when I am breathing. I haven't heard from the doctors office yet on my bloodwork results so I figure probably tomorrow morning.
The Oxycontin has made me so sleepy today too. I am supposed to be taking one time release every 12 hours and right now it does appear to take a slight edge off of the back pain. Of course I am sitting here sleepy and find myself kinda dozing off a little here and there when it gets quiet. I really hope this isn't how it is going to be. I need to be sharp when I am working or bad things happen ! I need to be able to get outside too and stretch a little bit, play with the boys and walk the dogs. Right now I have no motivation to do any of those things.

2 comments:

  1. HI Erin,
    Does this mean then that your bad left hip is totally fixed then because it seems top be your right hip and facet joints causing you pain alone now. You seem fully recovered from you Arthroscopy.

    God luck for results x

    ReplyDelete
  2. It actually feels that way to me. It's so hard not to be distracted by the pain in my right hip and my back so it clouds how I feel about my left one now. I have had little to no pain since the surgery, just some slight soreness and tenderness at the incision sites. Of course my left butt cheek hurts when my back flares up.

    ReplyDelete