Hey !

I decided to join the many internet-savvy people and start blogging ! I have read many accounts of FAI and the process of diagnosis, surgery and recovery. This will be my record of the entire process and I will be extremely honest about how it affects my mental and physical state. Others will be googling when they find out they have the same diagnosis and support seems to be the thing missing.
My diagnosis (right hip)-
- cam-type FAI and pincer-type
- partial detachment of the anterior/superior labrum (tear)
- fraying along the articular margin of the superior labrum with minimal partial detachment
- chondral softening along the superior acetabular rim manifested by low signal in the cartlidge (no clue what that means !)
- mild chrondral surface irregularity
- chondral softening involving adjacent superior femoral head
- physiologic joint fluid
- insertional tendinosis of the right gluteus minimus

My left hip is almost the same but says complete detachment and no fluid reported.

Friday, October 30, 2009

First slip ...

I knew it was coming. I pulled in to the parking lot this morning, got out and slid along side my car. I grabbed on to the door but my leg did get away from me. I am now sore from catching myself in the groin area and the bottom of my butt. This hip is never going to heal ! The joint was already aching from the cold and this just added a little more pain to the area. I am starting to hate that word ... pain. It's the center of my universe now.
I took some advil to take the edge off and it seems to be working. I have heat on my back and taking it easy today. I figured I will just soak in a bath tonight and call Dr. Erickson if it doesn't feel better in a few days. I do know it is just tender and in the healing process. This would have been a good day for PT since he works those kinks out. I hate winter !

Work is another story. I have lost my drive to transition. I want things to go smoothly for the new guy, but I am feeling the stress going away more everyday knowing I am closer to starting my new job. It's a very nice feeling. I spiked a migraine last night but for once the Maxalt worked, so obviously there is still some stress there that I haven't let go yet. I am really trying to find some motivation to get things done. I have a busy weekend planned again and it should be fun. The guys are going to abuse me and make me do things I normally wouldn't do !

1 comment: