Hey !

I decided to join the many internet-savvy people and start blogging ! I have read many accounts of FAI and the process of diagnosis, surgery and recovery. This will be my record of the entire process and I will be extremely honest about how it affects my mental and physical state. Others will be googling when they find out they have the same diagnosis and support seems to be the thing missing.
My diagnosis (right hip)-
- cam-type FAI and pincer-type
- partial detachment of the anterior/superior labrum (tear)
- fraying along the articular margin of the superior labrum with minimal partial detachment
- chondral softening along the superior acetabular rim manifested by low signal in the cartlidge (no clue what that means !)
- mild chrondral surface irregularity
- chondral softening involving adjacent superior femoral head
- physiologic joint fluid
- insertional tendinosis of the right gluteus minimus

My left hip is almost the same but says complete detachment and no fluid reported.

Thursday, October 15, 2009

The world is getting sick ..

I swear everyone is catching the flu or some form of sickness everywhere around me ! I ended up in ER with a monster migraine last night and there were people surrounding me with surgical masks on. It was one of those very surreal and almost movie like scenes, but of course I was in tears and vomiting uncontrollably. It started yesterday morning and I took a Maxalt, but then by 10 or so it still hadn't eased so I took another. By the time I went home and laid down the vomiting started and I was done. Finally around 7:00PM I headed to the hospital for some relief.
This morning I feel wiped out. I came to work late and still have a nasty headache. I am trying to actually eat something even though I feel seriously nauseated. Maybe by tomorrow I will finally be back to normal.
As for the hip, it feels really good believe it or not. There haven't been any huge bouts of pain or stabbing in the butt area. There is a small area at the hamstring insertion that is sore, but it has been since the beginning. I also took it easy this week, but maybe this is a sign I can hope for a recovery back on track. I see Michael in the morning and he will get an opportunity to abuse me some. I will also see Dr. Erickson next Tuesday.

2 comments:

  1. Hey, sounds nasty. I swine flu bad there. Is it worse same or ok?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It has been horrible here. I think it is just the nature of the beast. Hopefully people will wash more !

    ReplyDelete