Hey !

I decided to join the many internet-savvy people and start blogging ! I have read many accounts of FAI and the process of diagnosis, surgery and recovery. This will be my record of the entire process and I will be extremely honest about how it affects my mental and physical state. Others will be googling when they find out they have the same diagnosis and support seems to be the thing missing.
My diagnosis (right hip)-
- cam-type FAI and pincer-type
- partial detachment of the anterior/superior labrum (tear)
- fraying along the articular margin of the superior labrum with minimal partial detachment
- chondral softening along the superior acetabular rim manifested by low signal in the cartlidge (no clue what that means !)
- mild chrondral surface irregularity
- chondral softening involving adjacent superior femoral head
- physiologic joint fluid
- insertional tendinosis of the right gluteus minimus

My left hip is almost the same but says complete detachment and no fluid reported.

Monday, October 19, 2009

Ewww Monday

After a short quiet weekend, it's back to the grind. I hate Monday's !!!!
So, the trip up to the hot springs was really nice. The weather was fantastic and stayed in the mid 70's. The leaves are turning and they appeared in reds and oranges all the way up through the pass which was stunning. When we got there the hotel view was great and we headed out for dinner. The drive was 3 hours and I could barely walk when I got out of the car. Due to getting car sick I took some meds and slept a good part of the trip.
Dinner was fantastic. We ate at a small rib place and they tasted yummy. The beer was cold and the meat was good .... ideal for a great dinner out. After dinner we headed to the big pool. Getting in the water felt fantastic. The cooler pool was nice and we just hung out for a bit before getting in the really hot one. Once we moved to the hot pool I was happy. They have these bubble chairs that you put a quarter in and you get your own mini hot tub right there on your butt. Considering where my pain is it felt really good. We bounced between the 2 pools for a couple of hours and headed back. It was a nice night of drinking and TV, something I normally don't do at home.
The next morning I woke up horribly stiff and having pain deep in the joint. I felt that pain all day and even had problems walking around at the local shops. We really only walked maybe a total of 2 hours but my body felt like it had been a full day. We decided to stop in Vail and walk the village on the way home and we also stopped at the outlet stores. By the end of the day I was in more pain than I can describe. The rest of the ride home was welcomed and I was able to rest.

Today though I am sore. I saw Michael this morning and he worked out some of the tighter places which felt good but hurt like hell while he was doing it ! It looks like my injury is healing though and it is moving more towards the back and my hip. I see Dr. Erickson tomorrow and I will see if I just walked too much on it. What bothers me most is that 3 1/2 months in I would think I can handle some time on my feet. It's extremely discouraging.

1 comment:

  1. Erin, yes we are in the same place and we had this op to get out of this place! Something tells me its going to be a while! Sounds lovely there though!

    ReplyDelete