Hey !

I decided to join the many internet-savvy people and start blogging ! I have read many accounts of FAI and the process of diagnosis, surgery and recovery. This will be my record of the entire process and I will be extremely honest about how it affects my mental and physical state. Others will be googling when they find out they have the same diagnosis and support seems to be the thing missing.
My diagnosis (right hip)-
- cam-type FAI and pincer-type
- partial detachment of the anterior/superior labrum (tear)
- fraying along the articular margin of the superior labrum with minimal partial detachment
- chondral softening along the superior acetabular rim manifested by low signal in the cartlidge (no clue what that means !)
- mild chrondral surface irregularity
- chondral softening involving adjacent superior femoral head
- physiologic joint fluid
- insertional tendinosis of the right gluteus minimus

My left hip is almost the same but says complete detachment and no fluid reported.

Monday, October 26, 2009

Great weekend

It was definitely a good weekend. I felt good and things actually went pretty smooth.
The movie wasn't that great but had some scary parts. We went and saw Paranormal Activity. I expected it to be better but I had a blast with Heather and my friends from work.
Saturday I took my little guy to the dentist in the morning and they want to pull his baby tooth. He got an infection in one of his molars because his permanent is already breaking through and something got in there. We ran all over town and got things done for the rave. We got to Hallow Freakin' Ween at about 8:30. They announced the location in Colorado Springs Friday night so there was not much time for planning the 2 hour drive ! My hip though did fantastic and I am definitely feeling better. I was even able to dance for a few hours and I felt great. I made sure not to drink more than one drink and skipped the meds for one night. We rolled in around 4:00AM exhausted but had an awesome time. I did have a migraine hit but I worked through it. It was great seeing my girls so happy.
Yesterday was a bbq with my sister and her family. I met my nephews for the first time and it was so nice. Having family around now has made me so happy. Her and her husband are loving, caring people and we are going to have a long happy life all together, getting to know each other. She made me feel so welcome in her home and her husband welcomed my kids with open arms. The last time she saw them they were so little, heck they were 9,7,5 and 2. Now they are all grown. She is an awesome woman and I admire what a great job she has done.

I can tell I am healing physically and emotionally. I am hardly feeling any pain at all now in the hip and I can sit for longer periods of time. Every now and then I feel a slight ache but this weekend reminded me that my hip is healing fine. My heart, not so much but I will have no choice but to pull myself together. With the most awesome support system in the world I will get through this and be stronger for it ... just in time to go through it with the next hip !

2 comments:

  1. Hoping next year sometime. I have a different circumstance to deal with right now, changing insurance and jobs :)

    ReplyDelete