Hey !

I decided to join the many internet-savvy people and start blogging ! I have read many accounts of FAI and the process of diagnosis, surgery and recovery. This will be my record of the entire process and I will be extremely honest about how it affects my mental and physical state. Others will be googling when they find out they have the same diagnosis and support seems to be the thing missing.
My diagnosis (right hip)-
- cam-type FAI and pincer-type
- partial detachment of the anterior/superior labrum (tear)
- fraying along the articular margin of the superior labrum with minimal partial detachment
- chondral softening along the superior acetabular rim manifested by low signal in the cartlidge (no clue what that means !)
- mild chrondral surface irregularity
- chondral softening involving adjacent superior femoral head
- physiologic joint fluid
- insertional tendinosis of the right gluteus minimus

My left hip is almost the same but says complete detachment and no fluid reported.

Friday, October 23, 2009

Happy weekend !

Another week gone by, and not a bad one at that other than the disaster that started it.
My hip is finally starting to feel better. I hate to say it, but after not having but one pt session earlier this week I am beginning to question if it was working for me or just irritating things. It was certainly making my back feel better, but of course that wasn't where I really needed it. There is little pain in the butt now and I am so happy about that. There was a point I was wondering if I would ever feel better. So for now I will try and see if this is going to progress and see Dr. Erickson next Tuesday. It would be nice to finally be done with all the Workman's comp stuff.
The funny thing is my scars are still sore and itchy !

I was reflecting last night about how the rest of the process is going to go. I have been interviewing with different companies to possibly accept a less stressful position and things look great. I got a call back for the first one this morning and I believe they may be making an offer. They had asked for me to drive back down today but there was no way I could find 2 hours to sneak off. I don't like having to do it this way but I am exploring my options. So, hopefully good news soon or at least an option for a job with less stress and more direction. It may be hard though to get coverage having this as an existing condition.

It's going to be a busy weekend and I am hoping it isn't as bad as last weekend was for the hip and back. We are seeing a movie tonight with some friends of mine from work determined to make me fee better, doing a Halloween rave tomorrow night and a wonderful bbq at my sister's house. I have to admit it is really nice keeping my mind occupied during the rough times and I start to refocus on what needs to be done. Back to the grind of healing and recovery.

No comments:

Post a Comment