Hey !

I decided to join the many internet-savvy people and start blogging ! I have read many accounts of FAI and the process of diagnosis, surgery and recovery. This will be my record of the entire process and I will be extremely honest about how it affects my mental and physical state. Others will be googling when they find out they have the same diagnosis and support seems to be the thing missing.
My diagnosis (right hip)-
- cam-type FAI and pincer-type
- partial detachment of the anterior/superior labrum (tear)
- fraying along the articular margin of the superior labrum with minimal partial detachment
- chondral softening along the superior acetabular rim manifested by low signal in the cartlidge (no clue what that means !)
- mild chrondral surface irregularity
- chondral softening involving adjacent superior femoral head
- physiologic joint fluid
- insertional tendinosis of the right gluteus minimus

My left hip is almost the same but says complete detachment and no fluid reported.

Thursday, October 8, 2009

Dreary day ...

The weather is changing very fast here, 70 yesterday and now in the 40's with snow expected this afternoon. I woke up kinda stuffy but guessing it was from the heat being on to keep the house warm. I hate winter .. and this winter will be interesting. It will be a challenge to make sure I don't fall on the ice and hurt myself worse than I already have. I am going shoe shopping soon to get rid of any heels and wear slacks this winter. I usually do during the winter but I just want to get better and not open myself for more injuries.
My back is sore today too, more than usual with the exception of yesterday. The outside of the thigh is sore and I am having a hard time sitting for a long period of time. I have had heat on my back almost all day and it does help a bit. My hamstring isn't playing nice today but I also skipped my stretches this morning. I didn't have physical therapy scheduled but will see Michael tomorrow morning. I took my regular meds and half a muscle relaxer last night. The muscle relaxer stuck with me and I overslept, only 15 minutes late for work but still late. I did set a personal record of showering, makeup and hair in 14 minutes this morning !

I see Dr. Erickson this afternoon for my followup from last week. I really hope this is normal, the pain in the groin and butt (literally). If not I guess he will let me know.

1 comment:

  1. Keep me posted Erin...I don't understand it but I think we're in the same place.

    ReplyDelete