Hey !

I decided to join the many internet-savvy people and start blogging ! I have read many accounts of FAI and the process of diagnosis, surgery and recovery. This will be my record of the entire process and I will be extremely honest about how it affects my mental and physical state. Others will be googling when they find out they have the same diagnosis and support seems to be the thing missing.
My diagnosis (right hip)-
- cam-type FAI and pincer-type
- partial detachment of the anterior/superior labrum (tear)
- fraying along the articular margin of the superior labrum with minimal partial detachment
- chondral softening along the superior acetabular rim manifested by low signal in the cartlidge (no clue what that means !)
- mild chrondral surface irregularity
- chondral softening involving adjacent superior femoral head
- physiologic joint fluid
- insertional tendinosis of the right gluteus minimus

My left hip is almost the same but says complete detachment and no fluid reported.

Friday, October 16, 2009

Happy Happy Friday !

I am really happy the week is over finally ! It was the week from hell considering this migraine has stuck with me for 3 days now. I am happy not to have the auras any more but the nausea is horrid. I feel like I am always on the edge of it coming back though. We are planning a nice weekend away so that may help me a lot. We are going to Glenwood Springs to soak in the hot springs .... it will be so relaxing and needed. "Glenwood Springs has the world's largest hot springs swimming pool, and our setting at the confluence of the Roaring Fork River and the Colorado River make us a natural fit for year-round fun. " I have read that the hot springs are natural resources for arthritis relief so any type of relief that is not narcotic is welcome.

I saw Michael this morning and I am feeling really good. There is a change in the tissue on the outside of my hip and there is more bruising, which I can't explain. I did the leg presses and a new stretch against the wall rolling my hip out and bearing weight on the opposite leg. It is really sore again at the insertion so he worked on it with the ultrasound and used the gel. I was late for my appointment this morning because Brandon missed the school bus which cut my session really short. I do get to see him Monday again and will make sure I am on time !

No comments:

Post a Comment