Hey !

I decided to join the many internet-savvy people and start blogging ! I have read many accounts of FAI and the process of diagnosis, surgery and recovery. This will be my record of the entire process and I will be extremely honest about how it affects my mental and physical state. Others will be googling when they find out they have the same diagnosis and support seems to be the thing missing.
My diagnosis (right hip)-
- cam-type FAI and pincer-type
- partial detachment of the anterior/superior labrum (tear)
- fraying along the articular margin of the superior labrum with minimal partial detachment
- chondral softening along the superior acetabular rim manifested by low signal in the cartlidge (no clue what that means !)
- mild chrondral surface irregularity
- chondral softening involving adjacent superior femoral head
- physiologic joint fluid
- insertional tendinosis of the right gluteus minimus

My left hip is almost the same but says complete detachment and no fluid reported.

Thursday, May 21, 2009

Tired !

Today I am exhausted but the pain is really at it's minimum. I have been pretty busy at work so not much time to really think about the pain. I am going to try and get my electrolytes up and see if that's the cause for my leg aches. The doctors office has been pathetic at returning calls so I am counting on the know-all Google !
I am having my MRI today. They tried to reschedule again saying there was no authorization still and I was pretty down and thinking I would just rather deal with the pain than all this bullshit with doctors and insurance. So here I sit scared to death and starring at my Valium intently just waiting for the right time to roll around so I can drive. I really want to be able to make it through this one without totally losing my mind. The anxiety is definitely there and I am scared to death to be put back in that machine. It's been on my mind all week and I feel sick all the time, I even freak out thinking about it.
So, off I go to be traumatized by the big white noisy monster ! Wish me luck and send me calming thoughts.

2 comments:

  1. I am with ya in spririt sweetie! keep your eyes closed. Sorry I am in Atlanta or I would be right by your side.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know you would and hope everything is going good in that nasty city !

    ReplyDelete