Hey !

I decided to join the many internet-savvy people and start blogging ! I have read many accounts of FAI and the process of diagnosis, surgery and recovery. This will be my record of the entire process and I will be extremely honest about how it affects my mental and physical state. Others will be googling when they find out they have the same diagnosis and support seems to be the thing missing.
My diagnosis (right hip)-
- cam-type FAI and pincer-type
- partial detachment of the anterior/superior labrum (tear)
- fraying along the articular margin of the superior labrum with minimal partial detachment
- chondral softening along the superior acetabular rim manifested by low signal in the cartlidge (no clue what that means !)
- mild chrondral surface irregularity
- chondral softening involving adjacent superior femoral head
- physiologic joint fluid
- insertional tendinosis of the right gluteus minimus

My left hip is almost the same but says complete detachment and no fluid reported.

Friday, May 8, 2009

TGIF !

I am so happy it's Friday. Other than a complete disaster at work, the day has been ok. It has made me focus on something other than pain and I am extremely driven today to get this done so I don't spend the night doing this.
I am feeling really tight in the right hip and the butt cheek aches again but the vicodin has been working really well as opposed to the percocet. I don't feel nearly as sleepy and it seems to take a slight edge off. I took one after lunch and don't even really feel fuzzy. I am not sure why my left hip decided to hurt yesterday but it certainly has relaxed a little today. The only thing bugging me more than the hip is my kidney area, like a muscle pull.
Heather is coming tonight and hopefully we will relax a little and go have dinner with my honey. Rob came by again last night and rubbed my legs because they were hurting so badly. It helps a lot to have him right beside me taking care of me that's for sure. So, here's hoping for a less painful weekend and lots of love from all around.

2 comments:

  1. dont think youll be getting any lack of love hun =) really happy that the vocodin is working alot better. its nice its not making ya fuzzy either cuz that can either suck or be fun lol but this is a better post to read than normal and im liking it =) always wishing ya a great day and woo its friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for being here and just reading my posts. I am feeling extremely down and really needed the support :)

    ReplyDelete