Hey !

I decided to join the many internet-savvy people and start blogging ! I have read many accounts of FAI and the process of diagnosis, surgery and recovery. This will be my record of the entire process and I will be extremely honest about how it affects my mental and physical state. Others will be googling when they find out they have the same diagnosis and support seems to be the thing missing.
My diagnosis (right hip)-
- cam-type FAI and pincer-type
- partial detachment of the anterior/superior labrum (tear)
- fraying along the articular margin of the superior labrum with minimal partial detachment
- chondral softening along the superior acetabular rim manifested by low signal in the cartlidge (no clue what that means !)
- mild chrondral surface irregularity
- chondral softening involving adjacent superior femoral head
- physiologic joint fluid
- insertional tendinosis of the right gluteus minimus

My left hip is almost the same but says complete detachment and no fluid reported.

Friday, May 22, 2009

I survived ... again

Yay ! I made it through the entire scan due to a nice dosage of Valium (ended up taking 2). I went in head first this time so I started crying just a little until I got to the end and could see out the window behind my head. They also didn't strap me down to the table and I felt like I had more control. I don't remember much and figured I fell asleep at some point. I have my films but no clue what any of it means so I will just hang on to them until the office calls me.
Still no word from Dr. Phillipon and they said by the end of this week I would know something, I am really hoping by the end of today. If not it's another long 3 day weekend of wondering. I am feeling decent today but my right hip is hurting when I bear weight. It's fine as long as I have the heating pad on and I don't move quickly. The Gabapentin is killing the skin I worked so hard on and the acne has taken over my shoulders .. such an odd place. My hair looks dull and lifeless too but I am willing to ride this out until we decide it's not right for me.
I am off to have lunch with Rob today and that definitely makes me feel better emotionally.

No comments:

Post a Comment