Hey !

I decided to join the many internet-savvy people and start blogging ! I have read many accounts of FAI and the process of diagnosis, surgery and recovery. This will be my record of the entire process and I will be extremely honest about how it affects my mental and physical state. Others will be googling when they find out they have the same diagnosis and support seems to be the thing missing.
My diagnosis (right hip)-
- cam-type FAI and pincer-type
- partial detachment of the anterior/superior labrum (tear)
- fraying along the articular margin of the superior labrum with minimal partial detachment
- chondral softening along the superior acetabular rim manifested by low signal in the cartlidge (no clue what that means !)
- mild chrondral surface irregularity
- chondral softening involving adjacent superior femoral head
- physiologic joint fluid
- insertional tendinosis of the right gluteus minimus

My left hip is almost the same but says complete detachment and no fluid reported.

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Rough Day ...

So I woke up this morning and could barely put weight on my right hip. It feels like the nerves are becoming more damaged every day. My jeans hurt, my shoes hurt .... my legs hurt to my knees. The pain is really distracting and will be going home early yet again today. I am starting to fall behind at work because I need to get up and move around so much. The heating pad is my best friend !
Last night Bryan made dinner for the family and saved me having to stand in the kitchen for an hour. Such a great kid ! Rob stopped by and laid on the couch with me rubbing my back because it ached and I fell asleep twice on him due to the percocet. If I wasn't so in love with this man it may have insulted him, but he's very loving and supportive and understands I am not myself right now.
Gonna go home and soak in this bath stuff I got for aches and take a percocet .... hoping for a quiet night !

No comments:

Post a Comment