Hey !

I decided to join the many internet-savvy people and start blogging ! I have read many accounts of FAI and the process of diagnosis, surgery and recovery. This will be my record of the entire process and I will be extremely honest about how it affects my mental and physical state. Others will be googling when they find out they have the same diagnosis and support seems to be the thing missing.
My diagnosis (right hip)-
- cam-type FAI and pincer-type
- partial detachment of the anterior/superior labrum (tear)
- fraying along the articular margin of the superior labrum with minimal partial detachment
- chondral softening along the superior acetabular rim manifested by low signal in the cartlidge (no clue what that means !)
- mild chrondral surface irregularity
- chondral softening involving adjacent superior femoral head
- physiologic joint fluid
- insertional tendinosis of the right gluteus minimus

My left hip is almost the same but says complete detachment and no fluid reported.

Monday, May 18, 2009

Long weekend

Well Friday I chaperoned Brandon's trip to Elitches and suffered badly for it. It was hot and I got sunburned, my legs ached so badly I just sat on a bench for an hour at a time, but I got to spend that day with Brandon and his 8th grade class.
The new meds seem to be helping quite a bit but now I am dealing with the aches and weird side effects. I call it my fire mustache cause I feel it all under my nose along my top lip. I also feel a warmth in the back of my throat and tingling in my left arm. I moved up to the 200mg this morning and feel drunk for a little bit after I take it but it seems to only help a little. I find my moods are awful and I swing like a 60's couple, just a lot more random lol. There is a lot more nausea now, more than I had with the vicodin. The "poo" issue is becoming painful and I am close to taking drastic measures for a little relief. It's waking me in the middle of the night and the cramps are so painful. I made the mistake of having beer with my dosage Friday night and paid for it all night with vomiting and nausea, I was even shaking uncontrollably. That will NOT happen again.
I called Dr. Phillipon's office and left another voicemail letting them know of the anxiety and no type of verification they actually received my MRI results. They have rescheduled my MRI for my back to Thursday afternoon due to yet another verification issue with Humana.
I find myself wanting to cry all the time now ... I am so over all of this.

No comments:

Post a Comment