Hey !

I decided to join the many internet-savvy people and start blogging ! I have read many accounts of FAI and the process of diagnosis, surgery and recovery. This will be my record of the entire process and I will be extremely honest about how it affects my mental and physical state. Others will be googling when they find out they have the same diagnosis and support seems to be the thing missing.
My diagnosis (right hip)-
- cam-type FAI and pincer-type
- partial detachment of the anterior/superior labrum (tear)
- fraying along the articular margin of the superior labrum with minimal partial detachment
- chondral softening along the superior acetabular rim manifested by low signal in the cartlidge (no clue what that means !)
- mild chrondral surface irregularity
- chondral softening involving adjacent superior femoral head
- physiologic joint fluid
- insertional tendinosis of the right gluteus minimus

My left hip is almost the same but says complete detachment and no fluid reported.

Friday, May 29, 2009

I Love Friday's !

I had hoped to hear something back from Dr. Phillipon's office since they have had my x-rays for 2 days, but no such luck. I can't say I am surprised at all since they have been horrible about this whole thing. I am sick of being patient. The new non-narcotic pain med makes me sleepier than the percocet ever did so I am adjusting still to that.
I had emailed my mom yesterday and asked her about our family history to see if this was inherited and there is no doubt now it definitely is. This is what my mom wrote ...
"Hi Kid:
Almost everyone in your family has osteo arthritis. Your Grandmother has it in her spine, I have it in my neck, back, elbows,hands, and knees, and your Grandfather has it in his back. Your Aunt Laurie has rheumatoid arthritis, which travels around. Both Grandma Ruth and Grandma Margaret, as well as your Great-Grandma Jennie all had it in various joints, too. "

Sadly it looks like I was going to have it regardless of what I did.
I do get to see Rob tonight. We are ordering pizza and grabbing a movie to cuddle up with the boys. Those are the nights that keep me going.

1 comment: