Hey !

I decided to join the many internet-savvy people and start blogging ! I have read many accounts of FAI and the process of diagnosis, surgery and recovery. This will be my record of the entire process and I will be extremely honest about how it affects my mental and physical state. Others will be googling when they find out they have the same diagnosis and support seems to be the thing missing.
My diagnosis (right hip)-
- cam-type FAI and pincer-type
- partial detachment of the anterior/superior labrum (tear)
- fraying along the articular margin of the superior labrum with minimal partial detachment
- chondral softening along the superior acetabular rim manifested by low signal in the cartlidge (no clue what that means !)
- mild chrondral surface irregularity
- chondral softening involving adjacent superior femoral head
- physiologic joint fluid
- insertional tendinosis of the right gluteus minimus

My left hip is almost the same but says complete detachment and no fluid reported.

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

And it continues ....

This may be a little long so bear with me.
I have basically had my phone attached to my hand for the last 3 weeks hoping to hear from Dr. Phillipon's office. I put it on my desk to go get water this morning and guess what shows up on my missed calls ! So I called Madeline back and left a voice mail, which she returned the call pretty quick.
The verdict ... "Dr. Phillipon isn't sure he can help you". At that moment my heart sank. She then told me that before he could make a final decision he wanted a copy of just a plain x-ray. I had one done by doctor Weinghart in February so I ran to my doc and grabbed a copy. I also stopped at North Suburban on the way to grab a copy of my CT in March just in case. My lunch break was blown to hell ! I went to the UPS store again and shipped it overnight, nice $20.10 for something you would think they can just request since they are a medical facility. Running around town to get those is really on the top of my "Fun shit to do when I should be working" list. I know if he can't do this arthroscopically that I am facing much more than I anticipated.

I have so many emotions right now. I feel defeated by the medical system. I feel anxiety, doubt, fear and most of all sadness that I don't have something to label this pain I am going through with. It hurts to walk. It hurts to sit. It hurts to be intimate with the man I want to be with. It hurts to lay down to sleep .... IT HURTS. I feel like they just don't get it. I want my life back so badly. I am willing to try anything to get it back, but if no one will listen how will they ever know or grasp this pain I am feeling both physically and emotionally. If you had asked me 7 months ago if I would go through this process because I started running again, I would have stopped right then and there. It's funny that I dealt with the occasional issues I had with my hips for over 10 years, and in one single night my entire life stopped.

So now I wait ... again. I am waiting for one man to decide if he can give me my life back. He has absolutely no idea how important he is to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment