Hey !

I decided to join the many internet-savvy people and start blogging ! I have read many accounts of FAI and the process of diagnosis, surgery and recovery. This will be my record of the entire process and I will be extremely honest about how it affects my mental and physical state. Others will be googling when they find out they have the same diagnosis and support seems to be the thing missing.
My diagnosis (right hip)-
- cam-type FAI and pincer-type
- partial detachment of the anterior/superior labrum (tear)
- fraying along the articular margin of the superior labrum with minimal partial detachment
- chondral softening along the superior acetabular rim manifested by low signal in the cartlidge (no clue what that means !)
- mild chrondral surface irregularity
- chondral softening involving adjacent superior femoral head
- physiologic joint fluid
- insertional tendinosis of the right gluteus minimus

My left hip is almost the same but says complete detachment and no fluid reported.

Thursday, May 7, 2009

It's only Thursday ....

Well, I woke up this morning feeling decent but soon found out my body was tricking me. So instead of one side hurting as normal my left hip decided it wanted to join in the fun. This is the first day I have felt pain bearing weight on both hips, let alone my left one. Both ass cheeks hurt and I want to dig in a rub them both without looking like some depraved sicko pervert at work. I am aching completely down both legs and I feel overwhelmingly nauseated for some reason.
The feeling of sadness that I felt yesterday is pretty much gone and I can't explain why it was so horrible yesterday, but that's one thing I am most grateful for. I guess the feeling of hopelessness and helplessness at the same time is starting to seriously affect my mental state.

Nate had an accident yesterday afternoon and broke the growth plate in his wrist. The timing couldn't have been better considering I had to drop the kids from my insurance so I could afford the better plan to get treatment for my FAI. If I didn't have enough stress already I sure do now. Hopefully his individual plan kicks in tomorrow and I will be able to cover his cast and x-rays for the next 6 weeks.

Rob and I are on speaking terms again and decided we seriously need to find better ways to communicate. The tension I felt from this whole ordeal with him did not help me at all and considering how low I felt I really thought we would end it there. Love can be so strange.

Right after lunch the worse sense of panic set in. I am still researching every single day and keep finding that even one of my symptoms is a cause for huge concern, and here I have 6 or 7. It appears the terms I didn't understand indicate OA (arthritis) of the worst kind. At 37 I should not be dealing with this ! I watched a few videos so I can start getting questions ready for Dr. Phillipon and got completely freaked out by how crude it is. I am so scared.

1 comment:

  1. Hang in there sweetie, you are not going to do this alone.

    ReplyDelete