Hey !

I decided to join the many internet-savvy people and start blogging ! I have read many accounts of FAI and the process of diagnosis, surgery and recovery. This will be my record of the entire process and I will be extremely honest about how it affects my mental and physical state. Others will be googling when they find out they have the same diagnosis and support seems to be the thing missing.
My diagnosis (right hip)-
- cam-type FAI and pincer-type
- partial detachment of the anterior/superior labrum (tear)
- fraying along the articular margin of the superior labrum with minimal partial detachment
- chondral softening along the superior acetabular rim manifested by low signal in the cartlidge (no clue what that means !)
- mild chrondral surface irregularity
- chondral softening involving adjacent superior femoral head
- physiologic joint fluid
- insertional tendinosis of the right gluteus minimus

My left hip is almost the same but says complete detachment and no fluid reported.

Wednesday, May 6, 2009

5/6

So, restless night yet again. Both legs are throbbing almost constantly and I feel ill. The burning feeling along my right pelvic brim is back and is so annoying. I find myself extremely cranky this morning but it hasn't affected my mood towards anyone else yet today. I am also starting to realize I am doing this entire thing alone. No friends, no support and really no one who understands or really cares what I go through on a daily basis. I don't expect anyone to be involved or to show any concern, after all this is MY issue and no one elses. I guess it has just been going on so long it has become the norm.
I took some Diclofenac hoping it will take the edge off today but stuck a percocet in my pocket just in case. Normally those are off limits for work but I am finding towards the end of the day that it's difficult to sit and then get around. It's funny how much my right butt cheek hurts too, I can't rub it all day because someone may call HR and say I am playing with myself. It's my heating pad to the rescue again.
I am also feeling overwhelming sadness today, definitely depressed. The stress and uncertainty is playing with my mind and I am having a difficult time getting out of the funk I am in. Maybe after I know what is going to happen, with a solid time frame, I will be better. Things went bad with Rob during a conversation last night and I am sure that isn't helping my mental state at all. The day has to get better.

No comments:

Post a Comment