Hey !

I decided to join the many internet-savvy people and start blogging ! I have read many accounts of FAI and the process of diagnosis, surgery and recovery. This will be my record of the entire process and I will be extremely honest about how it affects my mental and physical state. Others will be googling when they find out they have the same diagnosis and support seems to be the thing missing.
My diagnosis (right hip)-
- cam-type FAI and pincer-type
- partial detachment of the anterior/superior labrum (tear)
- fraying along the articular margin of the superior labrum with minimal partial detachment
- chondral softening along the superior acetabular rim manifested by low signal in the cartlidge (no clue what that means !)
- mild chrondral surface irregularity
- chondral softening involving adjacent superior femoral head
- physiologic joint fluid
- insertional tendinosis of the right gluteus minimus

My left hip is almost the same but says complete detachment and no fluid reported.

Sunday, May 24, 2009

My head hurts

I am awake early because Heather's friend Maddie is coming out this morning and I am making sure everything is set for our picnic. I feel hung over and have the worst headache ! I did overdo things yesterday by hitting a Farmer's Market and doing some shopping at the mall with Heather, what we women do to see if there is a good deal out there on the holiday.
I am supposed to be moving to the 300mg of the Gabapentin today but I am still unsure if I am really ready to do that. It has taken the edge off the pain I used to have along the pelvic rim but the backache is nothing to laugh about. My skin continues to make me look like a sweaty crack whore and that's the last thing I want !
Off to get the house in order.

No comments:

Post a Comment